Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and i must say.. my car does not handle well in it.. i'm not going anywhere far until i get winter tires. enough said.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
and i must say.. my car does not handle well in it.. i'm not going anywhere far until i get winter tires. enough said.
[/b]
+1, car is like hockey puck.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Only back then we didn't have insurance deductibles.

·
Registered
826 Posts
anyone running all seasin tires? If so, what brand?
[/b]
I'm running Pirelli Pzero Nero M+S, they're really good in snow, but ice, they work but not so much. On hills, my abs kicked in a few times, and scared the shit out of me. But then I realize that I was still driving summer habits and need to brake sooner. So theres still a tiny amount of sliding, but its almost unnoticeable unless you're paying attention for it.

Regardless, if you do get those, remember to get the M+S versian otherwise you'll just still be running summers.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I'm running Pirelli Pzero Nero M+S, they're really good in snow, but ice, they work but not so much. On hills, my abs kicked in a few times, and scared the shit out of me. But then I realize that I was still driving summer habits and need to brake sooner. So theres still a tiny amount of sliding, but its almost unnoticeable unless you're paying attention for it.

Regardless, if you do get those, remember to get the M+S versian otherwise you'll just still be running summers.
[/b]

Getting my Pirellis (m+s) installed in 1 hour. Winter is a commin!!!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
[/b]
Snow tires make a HUGE difference. So you should be unhappy with how your tires handle the snow and not how the car handles the snow. I'm sure there are many people on this forum that will argue the MS6 with snow tires is a great winter car. Just remember to change your driving habbits for the winter = slow down!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Snow tires are the way to go. All seasons are a joke IMHO. They don't do anything perticularly well, except hold air.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Snow tires are the way to go. All seasons are a joke IMHO. They don't do anything perticularly well, except hold air.
[/b]
You're 50% on the ball. While snow tires are the way to go, its only if you want TRUE winter performance. For some of us, just having a tire that can go all year round without getting us killed is worth the trade-off with the performance. Besides, who races in the winter time?

·
Registered
55 Posts
[/b]
I live in MA and have never had the need for snow tires. What you need to do is slow down and realize you can't drive like you normally do. If you live in an area that gets a ton of snow, and your streets aren't plowed regularly then a snow tire may be for you. Just because you live in an area that gets snow doesn't mean an all season tire isn't a good choice.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
mmm...Michigan sucks. It snowed in October for us, first week, and then it hasn't snowed until this week.
[/b]
Michigan does suck.. :irate:

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I just got a Set of Continental Extreme Contacts the day of a sludgy ice storm and 2 inches of snow, and they were fantastic.

They are great in the snow as far as all seasons go, I went down my street and threw it around and they did very well!

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just got a Set of Continental Extreme Contacts the day of a sludgy ice storm and 2 inches of snow, and they were fantastic.

They are great in the snow as far as all seasons go, I went down my street and threw it around and they did very well!
[/b]
how much?

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I twisted my dealer (with help from vomama69) to get me my Pirelli's for nothing to me.
[/b]
Yeah, lucky you. I didn't even bother asking my dealer because I didn't think about it. It was still warm outside.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts