Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok sitting at about 2600rpm drop the clutch i bunny hop then when i drop 2nd i hear the grinding sound... wtf

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reading Topic: 1st - 2nd a beatch

yah grinding no good but when i got in 2nd that mofo engaged damn damn damn hard damn head light were on the trees!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

any idea wtf is wrong? take it to the dealer?
also my clutch has a hum sound when i put it down ... kinda like letting air out of a ball or a pump

·
Registered
383 Posts

Probably it's last breath, since you've been beating it to death....

·
Registered
1,924 Posts

Man I love this stuff.."I drag race every chance I get, invoke wheel hop all the time because I dont know how to launch, slam it into 2nd at redline now my clutch is making funny noises, how come?" It's becoming clearer why dealers are getting so picky about warranty work.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts

In case it wasn't obvious, our cars are not drag racers, drop launching your without the clutch making good contact is a great way to screw up your clutch, flywheel and driveshafts. Drag cars are rebuild to almost ridiculous levels to handle the stress that clutch dumps cause.

While I find the Fast and the Furious as amusing as the next person, driving like that will destroy your car. Not to mention, it prolly only gets you about 4/10 of a second better launch.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Replying to Topic '1st - 2nd a beatch'

Yea theres an idea, lets race for the slip of my 20K car. I will tell you all from experience driving like an idiot is not worth it. In the end it will ruin your car, drain your pockets, and more importantly get you in trouble with the law. Enjoy your cars, hook em up, get bitches, and enjoy the other cars out there.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts

i drag my 6 sometimes but haven't found anything wrong with it except the engine sound which sounds louder now..but i think it's normal as far as i know coz the engine's getting worn everytime i drive it.
but since i heard your scary stories...i think i'll stay to 3.5rpm =P

·
Registered
78 Posts

It's hard for me to get use to how quiet the car is. Shifting from 1st to 2nd, still trying to get use to that. It happens real quick, and its so quiet the engine, have to always be looking at the tach

1 - 14 of 14 Posts