Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I add 19x7.5, will they reduce my performance by a lot?? Also, will the wheel gap decrease? (i figure i would add 235/35/19 or something like that...whatevers best though)

Also, do you guys take the DSC off on roll on races? or just for launches?

Seeing that this got moved to another section, I should note I own a (AWD) MazdaSpeed6.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
What you own is irrelevant to when posting about wheels. And I always have my TCS off (and would have my DSC off is I were driving a speed6) whenever racing.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
This is what i'd tell you, if the total diameter of the wheel and tire for your new set of 19's exceed that of the stock wheel and tire, then your gap will seem larger, in fact, your car will just sit higher due to the bigger diameter.
Your wheels will be larger and therefore they will require more power to move them the complete 360 degree's. This can lead to other issues such as a slight loss of MPG, higher quarter mile and 0-60 times, and most importantly, it will throw off the calibration of your speedometer. I cant be sure but I would think it would put premature wear and tear on your brakes also, but then dont take my word for it, let other people drop their 2 cents and either discount or validate what i've posted. All four of those are important attributes, unless of course you're rich, then it doesnt matter now does it?
As far as racing, I dont do it, I sold my Supra years ago to buy my first Mazda6, so I have no real input for you on that topic, however, no DSC.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
If the overall circumfrance of the wheel + tire is the same, it will be more about the weight. If you go lightweight you migh not loose too much, but put on huge chrome bigwheels and youll be decreasing your 0-60 and quarter as well as wearing out your brakepads a tad quicker.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
19's will hurt performance, well at least 99% of them, Enkei RPF's are still very light in a 19" wheel...
[/b]
is the +48 offset with 7.5" width wheels ok clearance wise?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
245/35-19's on 19x8's and no complaints. Don't rub unless I'm loaded down and the new +50's (still waiting on PIAA) will solve that.

Don't let these guys fool you, 19's look good, feel good and work good.

All I get is compliments when people see the car.

·
Registered
228 Posts
245/35-19's on 19x8's and no complaints. Don't rub unless I'm loaded down and the new +50's (still waiting on PIAA) will solve that.

Don't let these guys fool you, 19's look good, feel good and work good.

All I get is compliments when people see the car.
[/b]

It's true, they look spectacular on Mike's car. The 19s seem like the perfect size to go along with the muscular look the Speed6 has. He has plenty of tire too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts