Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess this should go in general classifieds and not the Toronto subforum, but heck no one from Florida's gonna buy this car!

Sad to see her go. So many good memories of summer drop down country cruising. Reliable as heck, but with two toddlers, we don't even drive this car at all -- and that's goshdarn wrong dammit! Especially with summer around the corner.

1999 Mazda Miata
Silver exterior, black cloth interior
Rare automatic transmission
71,000 kms
Upgraded 2001 bucket seats
Power windows
Originally rustproofed at Ziebart, no rust

$14,995 o.b.o.

nchan2000 [at] yahoo [dot] ca

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
automatic? damn, i haven't ever seen one of those. hear of them every now and then, but never actually seen one.

how does it feel to drive an ATX miata? i don't think i would know what to do! :D
[/b]

Thus the "rare" designation! Tis the wifey's car and she didn't want to learn to drive manual.

It's pretty peppy! I hear it runs the quarter mile in 18 seconds! :nana:

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Thus the "rare" designation! Tis the wifey's car and she didn't want to learn to drive manual.

It's pretty peppy! I hear it runs the quarter mile in 18 seconds! :nana:
[/b]
Well, I guess that means I know what to expect when I bring my Miata to the track...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I guess that means I know what to expect when I bring my Miata to the track...
[/b]
No, the stick Miata is an entirely different animal!

Went on a lapping day recently and me in my Ultimate Driving Machine automatic 330ci with Pilot Sport PS2 tires and aftermarket sway bar and I could only barely keep up with a PURE STOCK Miata (manual tranny) with its OEM all season tires!!!

Kind of humbling, but lots of fun trying to chase down that Miata. Lots of respect for the stick Miata.

And then I got roasted by an RX8. Man, those cars are awesome on the track.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
No, the stick Miata is an entirely different animal!

Went on a lapping day recently and me in my Ultimate Driving Machine automatic 330ci with Pilot Sport PS2 tires and aftermarket sway bar and I could only barely keep up with a PURE STOCK Miata (manual tranny) with its OEM all season tires!!!

Kind of humbling, but lots of fun trying to chase down that Miata. Lots of respect for the stick Miata.
And then I got roasted by an RX8. Man, those cars are awesome on the track.
[/b]
Oh I know, I was just kidding ;)

But....my Miata is not stock either. CAI, Headers, High Flow Cats, Cat-Back, and of course Bridgestone Potenzas to keep that power on the ground. I'm still kinda new to the car (since I haven't had it for a month yet heh) and learning it max.....already had the back end creep out on me slightly but I learned its sooooo much easier to control vs my 6 :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
lapis_blue_beast
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing