Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here is a car my dealership just picked up, it is a 1995 Mazda RX-7 twin turbo 3rd generation. This car was never sold by the original dealer in Miami Florida, the dealer principal wanted to hold onto it but has recently sold his dealership and offered the car for sale. It is the only one of its kind with original factory warranty.
This car is not for sale and will be used for display purposes in our new store being built this fall.

let me know what you think, and if your in the neighborhood drop by and say hi.

Art.

[attachmentid=15938][attachmentid=15937][attachmentid=15936]

[attachmentid=15941][attachmentid=15940][attachmentid=15939]

[attachmentid=15943]

Attachments

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[attachmentid=15945][attachmentid=15944]

I knew someone was gonna add a reply before I finshed uploading, oh well.

sorry about the photo quality the camera I used was top of the line 10 years ago.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
THat's awesome! But wow, the price for that reached up to $40k?? I knew they were expensive but not that expensive.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
THat's awesome! But wow, the price for that reached up to $40k?? I knew they were expensive but not that expensive. [/b]
Ya I know, thats the original price tag too.

Here's the brake down.

<div align="left">
Base price $37,800
CD Player $ 399
Floor Mats $ 80
Chrome Scuff Plates $ 50
4-Speed Automatic $ 900
Leather $ 1,000
Frieght $ 450

<div align="center">Total $40,679 plus Tax, American Dollars.

That was the demise of the RX-7 it eventually got priced out of reality, my manager was telling me back in 94 they were selling for over 54K canadian.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
That $900 option is probably one of the reasons the car never sold. Why would I want to pay $900 to make my car go slower? haha

·
Registered
867 Posts
:shocked: Damn a 1995 with 204 miles!!!
wow that is awesome! I am sure it is going to get a ton of interest[/b]
that is very true, will be a lot of interest

·
Registered
412 Posts
that's awesome to see.

does it still have that new car smell?? :D

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
that's awesome to see.

does it still have that new car smell?? :D [/b]
yes it does still smell like a new car. :love:

That $900 option is probably one of the reasons the car never sold. Why would I want to pay $900 to make my car go slower? haha [/b]
Its a Auto!! BARF!! Whoever goes and pays EXTRA for an auto on a sports car like this needs to be SHOT IN THE HEAD!! [/b]
I agree Auto on a sports car is usually a waste but it would still be a blast to drive. :shocked:

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
that's awesome to see.

does it still have that new car smell?? :D
[/b]
You know, I was about to ask the exact same thing.

So, who's the lucky guy who gets to move this car around?

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
But the other thing though is I'd be worried about the reliability of the car if it's just been sitting around for all those years, unless it at least periodically gets turned on and revved a bit. Oh, and I did see this car in person when I was at Wolfe Mazda, and yes, it's a beautiful car (except for that $900 option...haha).

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
too bad shes auto... although the low mileage concerns me..

·
Registered
900 Posts
Total $40,679 plus Tax, American Dollars.
[/b]
Yeah. These were selling as high as in the $50K's when they were new, but not the ATX's. You had to kind of give those away. There's a bunch of turbo lag in the ATX and then when the power comes on it gets kind of squirelly. Those cars were a blast to drive fast (in MTX form), but were scary at the limits. They actually had put a bunch of their reps in them when they were launched and so many were wrecked in the 1st 2 weeks that they took them back!!!

One thing that would worry me being sooo old and having sooo low mileage would be seals and gaskets on that rotary. Especially the apex seals. Honestly, as cool as it seems, that concern in addition to it being an ATX model kind of takes the luster out of the whole deal. It's just that I have been in the car business for a long time. I would avoid this car.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts