Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can you guys tell me about this car? I'm going to take a look at it tomorrow as a possible project. Here's the link....

http://richmond.craigslist.org/car/532248894.html

Anything I should be weary of? Pros and cons of the car? The guy was very blunt and said that it smokes at times and doesnt boost. He thinks its due to a bad wastegate. ANY info would help! I need a new toy!

·
Registered
11 Posts
mx6s are the shiznit. ive owned 2 and im prob end up buying another one. if you can get it for cheap its a awesome deal. they make good power and our so sexy. id say round 2-3k is a good deal for a decent running mx6. mx6s are known to smoke at times and tick a little in the valves. but thats normal. the shifters tend to be a little loose but you can just tighten the shifter linkage and it should be good. i say go for it bro if its a good deal :)

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
mx6 gt <333 TRUE AMAZING SLEEPER, hardly any honda heads knows about it, sooo if an old honda pulls up thinking hes faster, you can be like yea whatever and then wooosh see ya later

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
its the same thing as the 1st gen probe gt turbo's.

great sleepers. my friend jake ran a 13.9 @99mph with under $500 in mods. LITTERALLY!

2.5 exhaust, cone filter, boost controller at 16 psi, chipped ecu. THATS IT. even on 195 wide no name street tires.

·
Registered
84 Posts
When I get moved in to my new house i'll be looking for a 1990 mx6 gt as a project car, I had a 1990 626 and i sold it for $675.00. when i got my 6 big mistake...

·
Registered
553 Posts
Hell yes! I had an 89 it was my first car evAr

god i miss that car..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
10 Participants
Mazda4Ever
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing