Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so, i've stumbled across someone giving away a second gen rx7 (non turbo i think). it looks good on the outside; no rust and minimal paint blemishes, and did i mention its FREE?

now here are the bummers:

1: lots of mileage, its got 280 000km (just over 170 000 miles)
2: he says "...the clutch pedal is to the floor ive bled it cant figure it out" (any ideas?)
3: its an rx7

so what do you guys/girls think? considering i wouldn't have to pay for labor and that i can get parts pretty cheap, should i go for it? is it worth the money its gna cost to tow it across town? ive heard nothing but terrible things about these cars. if i were to just fix it up and sell it in the spring if i'm not totally attached to it by then, how much do you think i could get for it?

thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Have you been told exactly what's wrong with it? If you think you have the financial resources to fix whatever's wrong, of course you should take it. But if you can't do anything but have it towed to your house and stare at it, you should pass.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (CoastStarlight @ Nov 6 2009, 02:33 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1614704
Can I have it if u dont want??

Srsly Can I!?[/b]

where do you live? cause its in canada, and that car isnt worth the shipping fees lol
so i take it thats your way of saying its a good deal?

QUOTE (BlackCherry06 @ Nov 6 2009, 09:14 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1614724
Have you been told exactly what's wrong with it? If you think you have the financial resources to fix whatever's wrong, of course you should take it. But if you can't do anything but have it towed to your house and stare at it, you should pass.[/b]
those are wise words blackcherry. it seems the clutch is to the floor for unknown reasons. sounds like it could be something fairly simple? any idea?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well guys, i guess the whole "nothing in life is free" thing has been illustrated again. i just called the guy again and he orchestrated a big story about how two people are fighting over the car and offering him money for it, right after he told me the manifold is cracked and that he fucked up one of the break lines. so basically he wants me to give him like a grand for a dead rx7 that was supposed to be free.

seemed too good to be true...
:(

·
Banned
1,206 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
you took too much time
if someone offers me a free car i take the keys and run away, after i would start thinking of either fixing it or scrapping it for 250$
In worst case scenario, I just made an easy 250$
But for a second gen RX7, I would have fixed it, next time your friend offers you something like that let me know, i'm from montreal too and would have been there in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
676 Posts
yeah I would have either taken it and tried to fix it as a side project car that I know will never be complete but will fuel my desire for working on cars. Or option 2 is to take it and sell it for parts. I'm sure whatever is in working condition on that thing could be sold on EBAY fairly easy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts