Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so about 2 weeks ago I installed a set of superstart 194's from autolumination.com into my headlight housing. A few days ago my left 194 already burnt out. I tried doing a search for 194 burnt out and this was the only result: http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...hl=194+burn+out If this is in the wrong section, then mods feel free to move it. Ok so on to my question, could there be an answer as to why it burnt out so quicky? I did not touch the tip like any other bulb, and I only really use my lights when it is dark out so they do not get used that much. So I am stumped as to why one died so quickly.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
You're not the only one. Many people are having the same problem. Most likely because of the heat inside the housing.

I'm one of the exception. I still have my 4LEDs parking lights since 2003. :D

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
If you read my post in that thread, I posted that the SUPER STAR LEDs burns out quickly. You are not the only one. The reason I believe the reasons are the heat being a factor. I now have 4leds from superbrightleds.com and they have been in for like 7 months without a hitch. I think the other reason is how the super star LEDs are made. Ever notice the leds are like covered by a thin film compared to the 4leds housing? The 4leds have a bit more heat resistance IMO.

Go with 4leds or 6leds from SUPERBRIGHTLEDS.COM NOT autolumination.com. Their 6leds do not fit the headlight housing. Good luck!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright I will try the 4 leds from superbrightleds.com. When I am browsing the 194's from this site, does it matter if I buy W12, W19, W24, etc...?

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
WLED 4-LED bulb the one that lists 1.59 + 1.00 for white. I have heard that the 6leds fit too, but I have not confirmed that. I have the 4leds myself. What I did was to get the measurements of what does fit and compare it with the bulbs you may be interested in getting.

Measure and measure two more times to make sure its the correct diameter. Any larger you'll need to do some dremel work to work the leds in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts