Mazda 6 Forums banner

194 burnouts..a little help please.

2K views 21 replies 6 participants last post by  djquik1 
#1 ·
i've had to replace my 194's (WLED 6-LED) from superbrightleds.com three times in the past year, wtf?

any ideas why this might be happening? thanks in advance.

#3 ·
Im trying out the new supernova led's,they have a heatsink built in that is supposed to keep them from burning out in a high heat application.
The reason they are burning out is that the heat from the headlights is frying the led's.

#14 ·
Is there any LED that works inside the day time running light that will not burn out? [/b]
i believe if you read the warnings from most 194 LED bulb distributors, they warn against using them in applications like the sealed headlight assembly because of the heat generated by the headlamp bulbs. that's why your bulbs are burning out so quickly

#15 ·
i believe if you read the warnings from most 194 LED bulb distributors, they warn against using them in applications like the sealed headlight assembly because of the heat generated by the headlamp bulbs. that's why your bulbs are burning out so quickly
[/b]

the thread is now about the 194 supernova bulbs that have a heatsink for higher heat applications.

#17 ·
autolumination.com under the 194 section,i think they are the second ones as you scroll down.They do require modification to fit in the housing,pm me and i will give you details
[/b]
Hey I just posted in the other 194 topic. I bought the Supernova's now I need to figure out how to get them to fit in. How did you get them to fit the housing? What did you use to notch the heat shield?

#20 ·
I still had one functional and after talking to the guy from supelumination,I found out that you can destroy leds if they are on when you start the car.I figured if i had one burned out i might as well test the theory.Sure enough,i had my drl's on when i turned it over and it started strobing almost instantly,it failed within 20 minutes.So i can confirm that a voltage spike killed it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.