Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Replying to Topic '18's now on board!'

What's your wheel size 18x7.5 or 18x8? and what's the offset on your wheel and tire size? and does your tire rub when you make a U turn or circle? I'm thinking about getting 18" wheel too..but other people say there might be some rub if the offset is off..

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

18x7.5 48 mm offset....225-40-18 kumho 712's no rubbing. plenty of clearance or so it seems. plan to drop 1.5" or so. i think i'll be allright.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Reading Topic: 18's now on board!

do da drop thang! hehe. congrats on the rims. how'd u keep it a secret, it would have killed me to try to keep it a secret. ;)

anything else with a width of 8+ will stick out entirely too much. 7.5 makes it just right. ;)

·
Registered
303 Posts

nice ride! by the way, is it ok to drop 1.5front 1.4back and put on 18x7.5 225/40/18 wheel/tire offset 45mm on the 6? will that rub or anything? also , does anyone know how stiff is it after lowering and putting 18" wheels on?

·
Registered
178 Posts

that is killer man. I love the bronze on a white, green, and blue cars. looks like you baby your 6. in the pics I can tell it just got its new legs on and a fresh wash job.:)

·
Registered
205 Posts

Nice..... congrats on the rims..looks unique.. Imma tell you the truth, I like the color of the rim, but that design is nasty.. But if you like it great and best of luck with them. Deep dish lip rims are harder to clean than normal rims.. I had the Tenzo-R Shu-4's which where deep dish on my 99 Accord.. It was nice but hard to keep clean, I think.. But good look and hope to see new things on your car..

·
Registered
298 Posts

Does anyone know if it is better to have 225/45/18 than 225/40/18 size tires, i have a "bump" on my tire and i was told by Tirerack.com that the proper size should be the 225/45/18, it's better for the rim, the ride will be as smooth as stock and it will decrease the HATED fender gap...if this is true, then im going to need more $$$$ to dish out for the 225/45/18 tires...if anyone has suggestions let me know..

thanks guys
E.D.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

225-45-18 is the correct plus size...i chose 225-40-18 cuz i am lowering it when springs come out..want to try and avoid rubbing...check out this site:

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

1 - 10 of 10 Posts