Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife’s 18 Mazda 6 Signature is having a fan issue where they are not kicking on, while waiting in a drive through line just now the display showed a message about engine temp too high and power being reduced. Engine temps well to the top, once we got moving everything returned back to normal. Once parked back home I watched temps raise and checked fans which did not kick on.

Any common areas to check first before replacing the fans themselves ? This actually happened when the car was a few months old, of course now that we are some 7k miles past warranty its happening again. Any advice on where to star inspecting would be great.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Your car is relatively new and you shouldn't have such issues. The first time it happened, your dealer replaced the fan. Is that right? Did they say anything else? I've read somewhere here about replacing the fan module but as I've said, your car is relatively new.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Out of warranty or not, if it was replaced under warranty once, they should do it again since its a recurring issue and should count towards the 3 strikes and lemon out in America. You might have to call MazdaUSA first to make sure they recommend going back to the dealer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts