Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me start by saying that the Mazda6 is one of the best sedans on the planet.

I've felt that sentiment since I was paid to say so. Even after being away from the business for almost two years, I haven't lost that mindset.

My store always kept a top-trimmed M6 on the stage in our showroom, so I gawked at it for 10 hours a day, 5 days a week for over three years. I always told myself I would get one, and as the rebates grew and grew, it was really hard to not pull the trigger. They had eventually moved me to finance with promises of a demo car from our Mercedes lot, which is the only reason I didn't.

I got a wild hair late Friday night and started looking over my old Mazda store and noticed they had a 18 Machine Gray CPO with 12k miles on it, at about 2k lower than it should have been. So i called up my old friend telling him I would be by later that day to pull the trigger. I traded in my 12 Xterra and I don't imagine I'll look back any time soon. Coming from the 4.0 v6 in my truck to the 2.5t, I'm staying at exactly the same HP. Of course gaining a butt load of torque, and increasing MPG by about 150%.

I had done a lot of modifications to that truck in the few years I had it. I was pretty excited to get a car with all of the features I spent hours and hours adding into that Nissan.

I think the only thing I'll be adding is a powered sub under my seat, as that's the only thing I'm missing. To be fair, I said that about the Xterra when I bought it new.

I look forward to spending hours over the next few weeks pouring over these forums getting inspiration!

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I think the only thing I'll be adding is a powered sub under my seat, as that's the only thing I'm missing. To be fair, I said that about the Xterra when I bought it new.

I look forward to spending hours over the next few weeks pouring over these forums getting inspiration!

I also have Machine Gray!

There's a thread about a guy who modified his trunk to accommodate his sound system. I'd like to copy his idea if ever I'll have the chance.

I'll try to look for it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts