Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever rolled the fenders and still has success with this low of an offset? I am finding some nice deals on some rims I have been looking at for some time now, but of course the offsets are borderline! :irate:

If I can make them work though... :drool:

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
i say you can make it work

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i say you can make it work
[/b]
Any examples of members running 17x7.5 +42 or +40. We are talking mm here so I would be 4 mm away from +45 and I know members have run that offset.

My other option is some SSR GT7's in 18x8 +51 offset, light grey with polished lip. Hmmmmm. These weigh around 19 lbs and the 17x7.5's are 15 lbs. :love: :drive:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Mine are 17x7 with 42mm offset. I haven't rolled, and my wheels haven't rubbed n' i dont think they will. Ive been driving on them for a little while now with 0 problems.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am looking at WedsSport TC-005 Grey 17x7.5 +41 offset. Anyone have opinions on Weds before I make the purchase.

Venom, nice ride! I am looking at 17x7.5. I am worried about the extra .5 inches of width or extra .25 inches of wheel sticking out.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's also going to depend on what size tire you're thinking.
[/b]

Toyo,

What are your recommendations for sizes if I go with the 17 x 7.5 or 18 x 8. I am not an expert here at all...

·
Registered
368 Posts
1010 tires has a good wheel offset calculator where you can plug in wheel width and offset to see how much the wheel sticks out. Hope it help, n' thanks for the compliment. http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

Im thinking with +41 on a 7.5 inch wheel, it is probably gonna rub.

FYI stock 17'' wheel width is 7'' and +60 offset, incase you wanna compare in the offset calculator.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I ended up going with the SSR 18x8 +51 offset. Now I need to start shopping for some nice performing tires.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts