Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't posted in a lng time. I am almost to the end of the factory warranty (45k). My local mazda dealer is one of the jerks that won't work on cars that have ANY mods... ,"sure you can put in a K&N panel filter... if you want to void your warranty!" Anyway, I am about 6 months from needing my 3rd set of tires (1. orig michelin 2. Hankook K106). he Hankooks did fine, but no longevity, 2 yrs max (they were cheap). I don't push my car hard at all, so they performed pretty well.

I am seriously considering the Einkei RSF ($116 ea at discount tire). Money is always a factor. I would stay with stock size 17".

I am going to try to attach a really rough (crappy) pict with them on my 6.

comments?

Attachments

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not usually a fan of white, unless you happen to have a white car. Looks good. Here in Little Rock, everyone is addicted to flat black wheels (powdercoated), no matter what car or color. I really dislike that look. From a distance, they look like they took a can of spray paint to some steelies.

I have always liked that my car was silver and the stock rims were matching. I love the polished lip and the silver spokes. I plan on painting the calipers black. Everyone does red. Astom Martin does silver and they look sweet, but I am afraid of getting too many silvers going together and looking like crap.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Not bad. Not sure if they would be my first choice but not bad looking at all. And I am sure thay would look alot better in person over a photo chop pic.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I like the style. I wish they made them in the correct size/bolt pattern/offset for my speed 6. I too think the silver/polished lip would good on your car. With a black rim and black tires, it is almost too much black in one place.

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
815 Posts
personally i think they would go great on your car. my brother has these exact same rims on his altima but in 18's. its a really sweet looking rim.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
i think they look sweet with the polished lip, but i would wait awile and save up to get the 18s because i think they would look so much better with the 18s on it instead of 17s.

·
Registered
815 Posts
i think they look sweet with the polished lip, but i would wait awile and save up to get the 18s because i think they would look so much better with the 18s on it instead of 17s.
[/b]
^^^I agree save up for the 18's. i think they would look a little funny if it were any smaller.

·
Registered
815 Posts
heres a pic of the 18 inch..will try 2 get better pics tomorrow now that they actually have rubber on them. :yesnod:

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
I am seriously considering the Einkei RSF ($116 ea at discount tire). Money is always a factor. I would stay with stock size 17".
[/b]
These are sharp. I have not found them in a 17 w/ 48 or 50 offset. A high offset may be required depending on the tire size.

That's a sweet rim. I had the knock off rota subzero's on my svt, they look hot. Good choice.
[/b]
The Rota subzeros look nice. Available in:
17 x 7.0 +40 4h/5h x 100/114.3
17 x 7.5 +45/+48 4h/5h x 100/114.3
18 x 7.5 +45 4h/5h x 100/114.3

http://www.rotawheels.com/products.php?id=47

Keith_MS6

·
Registered
845 Posts
I like them but at the same time think they look too common, thanks to all the knockoff brands out there.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
(thread originator)
you are right, 18's would look great, but I don't need it (personally). I am 33, have a kid, ect... could afford it, but the wheels and tires would both just cost extra. I don't fault anyone for going bigger, but when I did it on my Sentra and Del Sol, it messed up my mileage... even if it says they are the same outer diameter. My sentra's odometer said 120k, but I think it was more like 110k.

BTW, I am a little concerned that it might not fit the 6. It comes up as the same description bolt pattern as the wheel that does fit the 6, but didn't come up in the search for compatible wheels on the DT website. I think it is a 17x7 5-100. They make this size, but like i said it didn't come up as one of the results... had to go looking for the wheel.

speaking of a knock off brand, the www.edgeracing.com sale has a really good bundle package.See the attached "flick" wheel. The package with my same Hankook K106 is $609 + $63 S+H. I was expecting to buy he wheels online and have a local tire shop mount & balance (don't have a discount tire close by...EVIL!). It would cost me $10 to rotate each time at my local shop. I don't expect to get much more than 20-25k mi out of the K106... that would be $50 to rotate over their life. Could be worth the savings to go mail order everything.

Attachments

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, I think I know why they were $116 per wheel... it must have been discontinued. Now the RSV-2 costs about $150 per wheel. I am sad about this. I don't see getting the wheel and having old tires mounted on new wheels (I know it is done all the time). I hope I find a deal close to the time when i need new tires.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts