Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm thinking about getting some new wheels for my bone stock 6s, right now i have 16" stock wheel/tire on it. I have been doing some research online..and it seems like 17" wheels are the most popular size for m6 due to the price and weight of the wheel/tire. I thinking about 17" because it's less expensive for the wheel and tire..and also less weight. but 18"/19" will look very nice on the car, but it's extremely expensive for the wheel and tires....did anyone have picture of their m6 with some aftermarket 17" wheel on it? please provide some picture, so i can see how nice is it on the m6. Thanks

·
Registered
178 Posts
Replying to Topic '17

It all depends if you want to show or have more go. The 16s will save you rotating mass, but will not let you get a big brake kit. I will go with 18 for my womans 6 just because I want to have some show and big brakes. I think 19s are to big. you will have to small of a sidewall on the tire to take some road and the car will not set up in the corners. If you are going to autocross or just drive the hell out of the car go with 17s or 16s with a W or Y rating or a comp tire if you just use them at the track. that is if you do not mind getting about 300 to 1000 miles on a set.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Replying to Topic '17

i'm going with 18x7.5 and 225-40-18...also plan to drop it an inch and a half or so

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Replying to Topic '17

Thanks Guys. I think I decided to put a 17" and lower it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts