Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Mazda 6 GT
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and had a question about the front grill light on my GT. Has anyone modified them to be on with the LED DRLs on the headlights? I dig the look of the grill when illuminated but I dislike the fact that they only turn on when the headlights come on. Just wanting to have the grill on all the time specially when it's starting to get dark without the headlights on. Any info will help! Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
17,974 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

As far as I know, no one has done this but I can't imagine it would be too difficult either (so long as you don't mine cutting/splicing some wires). All you'd need to do is reallocate the wires going to the lights so that they tap into something that's on when DRLs are on, or the DRLs themselves. I don't have a wiring schematic for the grill lighting but hopefully someone else does.

·
Registered
2016 Mazda 6 GT
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks :) I don't mind doing some splicing to hook this up. A schematic would help, i was looking around the godly internet but could not find anything. I tried looking for the cable without completely taking off the front bumper, but man! They hid this cable good lol. Just might have to take it off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts