Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

My name is Jovan Zacevski and I have my mazda 6 (2.0d 100kw hatchback) for nine months. I have made 15000km with it. Before 4500km I have changed the injectors washers and blanked the egr (but only at the intake manifold side) and since then the car's performance has changed. Much better engine response, quieter, I think better millage too.

My "issue" is this: when the engine gets it's operating temperature or after I drive on open road, when I accelerate with 2-nd gear (it is same with any gear but it is easiest to notice with 2-nd gear) from 1000 rpm I notice that when it comes at 1500 rpm until 2000 - 2300 rpm It feels like I had released the throttle a little bit and after 2300-2500rpm it pulls very smooth and strong.(I am not moving my foot though at any point). At wot the acceleration is impressive until 4500-4800 rpm.

Can this be because of the VCS valves in the intake manifold ?

Btw there are no error codes.

Thank you all in advance.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Any more details about the car?
* country of origin
* year built
* other modifications such as ECU or DPF removal
* total number of kms on the odometer

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HI Chief Tool,

Thank you for your reply :)

I am from Macedonia but the car is imported from Switzerland. It is produced in year 2002 and as far as I know there are no modifications on the engine what so ever. It has not got DPF though. The odometer shows 171 000 km, if they are real. Engine is in great shape, turbo ets. I hear injectors knock when cold and when the auxiliary heater has not turn on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi all,

I've found the problem and quick fix for it.

There is a intake shutter valve installed on this engine and what it does is closing after engine is off to enable smooth engine turn off and mainly emissions! Because I've blanked my EGR valve mechanically the shutter valve was still working. It was 90% closing from circa 1300-1500rpm until above 2000rpm to create a vacuum and enable better exhaust gas recirculation (because it is programmed to do so after some conditions are met like engine temp etc). In my case there was not any gases to recirculate because of blanked egr and thus engine was chocking.

The quick fix was: I've blanked the vacuum hose that activates these solenoids.

Pros - much much much throttle response and smooth rpm's (I hope better millage too)
Cons - engine doesn't go off smooth as it used to (but not so big difference)

It is possible to disable only the intake shutter valve half though but for now this is acceptable solution for me.

Thank you for reading.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts