Mazda 6 Forums banner

261 - 280 of 288 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Saw the blue tipped slip-on exhaust finishers earlier in the thread and looked around for a classic chrome option. It does exist. Will give these a go shortly

2pcs New Chrome Stainless Steel Exhaust Muffler Tip Pipe for Mazda 6 Atenza 2014 | eBay
Did you ever get these? How well do they hook on?

There's also these which are similar to stock but help make the tips seem less small.
Steel Exhaust Tail Muffler Tip Chrome Pipe for Mazda 6 2014 2015 2016 | eBay

These seem to be the same thing but cheaper.
Stainless Steel Chrome Exhaust Muffler Tip Pipes for Mazda 6 2014 2015 | eBay
Amazon.com: Generic Stainless Steel Chrome Exhaust Muffler Tip Pipe Fit For Mazda 6 2014 2015: Automotive

·
Registered
113 Posts
The problem with the top two sets is that they just clamp on in a way that you could easily see the stock tip inside, unless they stick out a lot farther. The ones I linked should cover the edge of the stock exhaust in a way that you can't tell they were separate pieces, in theory. The atenza ones too. It's hard to say that they will look like one piece without someone buying them and taking a lot of pictures though. The ones on Amazon did get a 5 star rating but the person clearly doesn't normally speak english so I'm guessing he/she was paid to make it...

·
Registered
113 Posts
I went ahead and bought the rounded edge version without holes. For less than $40 shipped, it's worth a try. I don't want the attention of a louder exhaust but when standing behind the 6, the tip walls are very thin and the exhaust isn't as noticed. Hopefully these make it go well with the chrome between the lights and all.

Unfortunately, all sellers only had them in China and it's been shipped but estimated arrival is June 30th. I should have my car within a week or so and I wish I could have them when I drive her home, oh well.

·
Registered
159 Posts
That's not my thing but if I remember correctly, the oem ones are less clear and completely block the chrome at the top. Just glancing at pics, these actually seem nicer - assuming fitment is good etc.
No the oem ones come with the chrome strip as well, but the OEM ones might be darker.

·
Registered
45 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
$17.00 shipped, not bad if you can wait. Took about 2 weeks from China to west coast. ATENZA DOOR SILL

Like it better than OEM style since it covers more and have some side protection. Now, should I get another set to protect the black plastic as well?
how are these working out for you? are they any better than the ones for $91 that are shown here:

261 - 280 of 288 Posts