Mazda 6 Forums banner

221 - 240 of 288 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
I just made it a part of my car deal. Both my 14 6 GT and the wife's 2015 CX5 Touring. But I have bought four Mazda's since 2008 so I am not afraid to ask. I personally wouldn't tackle tint for no amount of money.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have added various chrome accents to my car. With the high humidity and tons of rain in Louisiana, the 3M tape wasn't always the answer. I have used clear silicone mainly. With the silicone, NOTHING is going to move an its water proof.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Walmart sells large mats that I put in the trunk for about $15 or so. I'm sure not as good as ones mentioned, but I really don't put anything in the trunk anyway, but just in case.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Interesting, but the visibility is an issue. This car looks great with a lip spoiler or none vs. the gen 1 which needed a spoiler, IMO.

Bye.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I have added various chrome accents to my car. With the high humidity and tons of rain in Louisiana, the 3M tape wasn't always the answer. I have used clear silicone mainly. With the silicone, NOTHING is going to move an its water proof.
Yes the humidity and rain would affect the 3m tape as it cures. It does need 12-24 hours in a relatively moisture free environment to cure properly. Once it has cured the humidity and rain would not be a problem.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I am very tempted to give this a go. Anyone think there would be issues with this little dash mount?
I had something similar to this on my previous car, it lasted just over a year before one of the LCD characters failed and made trying to read the numbers too annoying. Not worth the money if it won't last the lifetime of the car.

·
Registered
145 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have a brand new pair of these (4pcs) here in the US. Selling them for $55 plus shipping (shouldn't be more than $10) so total OTD $65.

Let me know if interested.
pics?

·
Premium Member
1,071 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm kinda digging the chrome on the front grill covering the gloss black inserts. I always thought black chrome would look good there, but all the black chrome vinyl is such a dirty black.

Just installed the Chrome Grill Trim on my White 15' M6.

Also added some Reverse LED's.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Just installed the Chrome Grill Trim on my White 15' M6.

Also added some Reverse LED's.
I just ordered $10 worth of chrome vinyl and wrapped the gloss black portions of the grill. I figured it was cheap enough if I didn't like it I can easily remove it and won't have spent to much.

However, I can definitively say I like it. It lowers the front end visually and looks classy. It reminds me more of the Mercedes grills from the past with the big emblem and chrome grill features.

Also there isn't one angle where it doesn't look like a continuation of the oem chrome grill trim at the headlights, so it is ridiculously well integrated style wise, much better than the 2016 facelift.

221 - 240 of 288 Posts