Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 288 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd start a thread with a simple question. What accessories have you seen for the 2014 M6 under $175 USD? Whether OEM or Third Party.

And by accessories, something that doesn't require more than an hour of labor, or major body work.

I'll start:

-Mud Flaps ($28.00)
4pcs Fit for 2013 Mazda 6 GJ Molded Mud Flap Splash Guard Mudguards 2014 | eBay

Please be sure to post the item name, and link in your post so people can actually buy what you list!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm trying to find products that people on the forums have purchased and use, or have used at some point. Trust me, I've looked at every product on eBay, that's not what I'm looking for. I'm more specifically looking for favorites and products that may be on other sites then eBay.

Thank you!

·
Registered
916 Posts

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Broadway Mirrors by Napolex. With 20 or so choice of sizes and formats...for that patent "JDM" look, to your M6. :lol:

Product Category :: WIDE VIEW MIRROR - Japanese Auto accessories manufacturer - NAPOLEX

Amazon.com: Broadway: Automotive

But seriously, I have one (BW-147) 300MM Blue Convex/Wide Angle (German made FLABEG UV optical blue glass)..and I can't imagine driving without it. Ways better than that short, flat, standard, stock issue Mazda rear view mirror. Better perspective around your driving environs (sides and behind you). Faster reaction times...and alot safer too.

·
Registered
745 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,781 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,781 Posts
I'm not a member so it didn't let me view.
Could have sworn I opened that section to the public, 1 minute please......

Try it now, please - everyone should be able to view it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Has anyone installed the LED fog light DRL's? Looks awesome but I have ZERO electrical experience and am wondering how hard it would be to install.
Overall, the install is easy if you don't have the same problems I had/have. To get access to the fog lights, you need to pull the inner fender. That takes about 6 minutes.

I'm gonna quote another post I made about the problem I had though.

MikeBedlam said:
6K WHITE 10 LED DRL/FOG LIGHT BULBS H11 | 1 PAIR - H11 - H Series - Shop Bulb #'s

I had originally ordered a pair of 55w 3000k HIDs for the fog lights. I went to install them on Friday, but it was the last thing on my to-do list for the day. I plugged in the passenger side and it wouldn't fire. So, I just put the stock bulb back in and didn't do any troubleshooting. I wasn't in the mood to toy with it.

Then I ordered the LEDs. I installed them on Tuesday night. The bulb didn't want to plug into the socket. It took quite a bit of effort. Then when I went to turn it on, it wouldn't work. After a few minutes of troubleshooting, I realized that the negative lead was actually pushed out the back of the socket pigtail. After some back and forth, I finally got both the prong from the bulb and the contact from the socket to co-exist. But, not before destroying half the contact on the socket side. The bulb works, but I'm going to need new socket pigtails. The problem is mirrored on the passenger side.

Not sure if anyone else has had similar issues with fog light bulbs. I've done a lot of cars using VLEDs products and have only ever had one problem before. And it was a problem of a different nature than fitment.
This was working until a few weeks ago. My driver side fog light started flickering and when I pulled the fender liner, it was very easy to induce and stop the flickering just by putting or releasing pressure on the socket. My current plan is to buy a pair of socket pigtails from the dealer and try shaving down the male prongs on the bulb side to get it to fit easier. But, I'm a pussy and I'm not gonna do it until it warms up a little bit.

1 - 20 of 288 Posts