Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everybody,

I'm really excited with the results of this mornings runs on the 407. For non-Ontario residents that's our toll highway that runs from one end of Toronto to the other, and then some. I couldn't think of a place to run the car through it paces and then I thought, traffic will be really light on Sunday mornings, so I'm going to try the 407.

I staged the car on the on ramp and made sure nothing was coming in any direction, checked that the t/c was tuned off, took a deep breath.......time for action. I brought the RPM's up to 4500, slipped the clutch for about the first 5-10 feet, this allows the drive train to tighten up and absorb the power without any clutch
burning or hard suspension wind up. This is not hard on the car, if it is done properly look at P5's car, and it's really simple to do. My experience came from drag racing a 1969 427 Camaro when I was about 21 years old, the class at the time was called Super Stock/G or SS/G. Anyway back to the first run, the RPM comes up really fast with a 4500 RPM launch, so you have to be ready to shift, first shift WOT at 6000 RPM, shift 2 WOT at 5800 RPM, shift 3 WOT at 5800 then I ran it out in 4th gear to about 6200 to 6500 RPM, not quite sure. Here are the numbers:

Run #1. (4500 RPM) Launch

13.53 @ 101 MPH
1000 ft @ 11.30
1/8 Mi. @ 8.67/80.7 MPH
330 ft @ 5.62 seconds
60 ft @ 1.95 seconds
0-100 MPH @ 13.00 seconds
0-60 MPH @ 5.05 seconds

Run #2. ( 5000 )

13.52 @ 99.6 MPH
1000 ft @ 11.27 seconds
1/8 mi. @ 8.65/80.4 MPH
330 ft @ 5.57 seconds
60 ft @ 1.90 seconds
0-100 MPH @ 13.50 seconds
0-60 MPH @ 4.97 seconds

I didn't make any more runs because I new with the heat soak the power would just be falling off, so I'd rather wait until later, when the car is cooled down and will produce more HP.

I'm really impressed with this little car and now I'm sure it won't be to difficult to get it into the 12's. The
only mod's on the engine are a AEM CAI and a HKS SSQ BOV,........... basically stock.

Anyway I might go out later and try it again. Oh ya, I have no idea why anybody is complaining about our clutch and wanting a short shifter............they work beautiful. I don't know about others, but I can shift it so smooth you'd think it was one of those CVT trannies........practice, practice, practice.

Kindest Regards,

Rocket 6

·
Registered
967 Posts
And you believe your runs are accurate with the Bel?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Kokopellian

With exactly the same Beltronics accelerometer that P5Freek uses the Vector FX-2. It's set up exactly the same as the one on Recall in Canada and they're the most accurate of the accelerometers on the market. I was shocked myself, but I new my car would be in the 13's, but I didn't think it would be mid- 13's. The fellow in the Recall topic calibrated his at the drag strip and apparently they are accurate to within .05 seconds with the track timers. The testing was done on these units in comparison with drag strip equipment and the equipment the car magazines like Car & Driver and many other use called a V-Box.

[/quote]

I sure do, or I wouldn't have researched it and spent a couple of hundred bucks on it, if I thought it was junk.

Kindest Regards,

Rocket 6

·
Registered
870 Posts
You're 330 foot time seems really off especially for 1.9xx 60' time. Atleast 0.4s off. Technically you would of gotten a 13.3 with a 1.7xx 60 foot time stock :)

Go to a track and see what she'll really do :D

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
very nice numbers.. now how much $ in total have you spent for the mods?
[/b]

Ryobob,
C$

Well lets see: AEM CAI $330.
HKS BOV 239.
CP-E 100. Adapter for HKS
DEFI BOOST 270.
DEFI 120. Control Unit
ELF OIL 120. Engine,
Redline " Trans, PTO, Rear End

Total $1179.00

All the rest of the gauges and gauge pod I've purchase but haven't installed yet. I think that's pretty well it for now. Most of the things aren't really performance enhancing modifications, other than the CAI and oil.

Don't forget, when the magazines test a car, they use a street start and do not power shift, that makes a big difference, especially when you launch an all wheel drive car at 4500 to 5000 RPM's and you know how to shift.

Kindest Regards,

Rocket 6 :drive:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ryobob,
C$

Well lets see: AEM CAI $330.
HKS BOV 239.
CP-E 100. Adapter for HKS
DEFI BOOST 270.
DEFI 120. Control Unit
ELF OIL 120. Engine,
Redline " Trans, PTO, Rear End

Total $1179.00

All the rest of the gauges and gauge pod I've purchase but haven't installed yet. I think that's pretty well it for now. Most of the things aren't really performance enhancing modifications, other than the CAI and oil.

Don't forget, when the magazines test a car, they use a street start and do not power shift, that makes a big difference, especially when you launch an all wheel drive car at 4500 to 5000 RPM's and you know how to shift.

Kindest Regards,

[/b]
hey r u flashed i didnt see you mention if you were or not in any of your posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
[/b]
His car is not flashed.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
[/b]

MrClean75,

No, absolutely not, I'll try my best to avoid the neutering of the speed, as long as reasonably possible. Right now the only thing I really don't like is that brickwall at 55-6000 RPM and the fact that the car obviously loses power from the heat soak, namely the inefficient TMIC and the CYA tuning that it came with.
The boost dropping to 7 psi at 5500 RPM is really sad, but it's still a hell of a lot better than the re-flash, from what I hear you say.

If they can't come up with the original tuning for you then tell them to replace the computer with one that still has the old tuning on it.................I'm sure they wouldn't have gone through the parts depot and re-flashed replacement parts......................and tell them you want it done under warranty because they never had your permission to do the re-flash in the first place. You never know they might go for it. :yesnod:

Good Luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.