Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I order extra hose for a tranny cooler install. I've checked the auto and hose shops around here and can't find any. Is there a good place to order off line?

·
Registered
919 Posts
Where can I order extra hose for a tranny cooler install. I've checked the auto and hose shops around here and can't find any. Is there a good place to order off line?
[/b]
Try PepBoys. That's where i bought mine.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I picked mine up at AutoZone. Told them I needed 11/32 tranmission line. He asked how long, and measured some off a large spool.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
u can even use fuel injection hose if they just have that.. it's more expensive but it'll never fold or leak... tighter woven mesh/ more psi rateing then regular tranny line.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is 3/8" hose too big to use?

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I've heard of alot of people using 3/8 when the other size isn't available.
[/b]

I used 3/8th. Still a PITA to put over the steel nipple. Once the clamp is on that sucker isisn't going anywhere.

·
Registered
115 Posts
11/32 is that universal size on some atf cooler kits. By all means, by the 3/8 ATF hose from just about any autoparts store.

That universal size makes it easy to fit ATF coolers on multiple cars since some use 10/32, 11/32, or 12/32 fittings. For those that failed math, 11/32 will work with 5/16 and 3/8 fittings. But, 3/8 hose is easier to fit(use silicone spray lube on the fitting if you're limp wristed).

I never cared for ATF cooler kits(or engine oil filte rrelocation kits) that used smaller hose diameters. Smaller hoses add to flow restriction.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts