Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live a mile away from work and the dealership is about 8 so I'm not going to get there anytime soon but it's damn near close!!

What should i have checked out besides my door handle being loose? The car has been almost literally flawless for a while, even after surviving two accidents and water ingestion.

Turbo doesn't smoke. clutch works perfect.

One of my body panels is a little loose (that weird side skirt thing that doesnt even reflect properly) looks like the hot glue that was used to put it on at the factory is coming off... I dunno, what else can i have done to it? They almost completely refuse to do my caster replacement thing since it's a "regular mazda only TSB"... grr, i hate this car pulling to the right ever so slightly and my left tire being eaten up.

Also -- i went to the dealership yesterday and they force-flashed that damn recall fix for the PCM (i guess emissions?) I kept asking them not to do it but this guy did it anyways. Didnt affect my AP flash and he didn't say anything about seeing the AP flash so maybe it's unaffected or they didn't do it?
Doesnt that flash slightly reduce HP? Or something like that?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Getting ANYTHING fixed on this car costs more than an extended warranty... PERIOD. GET ONE!

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
theres no way they reflashed your ECU without it affecting your AP flash. and dont bother getting an extended warranty if you plan to mod more or have alot of mods.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (superskaterxes @ Jan 14 2010, 07:33 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1629816
theres no way they reflashed your ECU without it affecting your AP flash. and dont bother getting an extended warranty if you plan to mod more or have alot of mods.[/b]
already have extended warranty.

They said that they did the flash, i dunno. Either way I win I guess.

I will be adding a test pipe and TIP very soon, i think along with a new TMIC in the far-ish future... I think that's it. No more.

They've never complained about my mods before. And now with very infrequent visits since I'll be changing my oil myself from now on, I have less to worry about.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
get your battery tested if you havent replaced it yet. mine went out right before it hit 50k

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I would tell them you have trouble in 2nd and 4th gears! 3 Speed6's in Irvine torn apart with issues and being fixed... Another Speed6 reporting issues in 2nd gear as well on another forum...

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
too late now.
Driving home last night, and i saw my odometer had reached the 36000 point.
[attachment=44854:IMG00013...__Small_.jpg]

As soon as i hit 36001, my car blew up into flames and i had to roll it into a gas station parking spot.
[attachment=44855:IMG00014...__Small_.jpg]

Oh the horror!

Just kidding, i love my speed6 and she just runs perfectly right now. I couldnt think of anything i could take it in for the warranty for, and I thought about it for a very long time.

Thanks for the suggestions though!

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
QUOTE (P057 @ Jan 18 2010, 10:42 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1630588
too late now.
Driving home last night, and i saw my odometer had reached the 36000 point.

As soon as i hit 36001, my car blew up into flames and i had to roll it into a gas station parking spot.

Oh the horror![/b]
Probably cause you were taking pictures of the odometer while driving. :p

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
QUOTE (narenji @ Jan 20 2010, 10:32 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1631025
isnt the basic warranty 4yrs 50k mi?[/b]
Maybe for the 06's. I have an 07. basic ends at 3yr 36k.

Car's running perfect so i have no use to mess with it. at least i still have my powertrain warranty :S

QUOTE (mclarenf3 @ Jan 20 2010, 11:10 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1631031
Probably cause you were taking pictures of the odometer while driving. :p[/b]
hey! what are you, a wiseguy insurance agent?! geta outta here!!! :nana:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts