Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All you veteran M6 owners out there, what was carried out with your first freebie service.
Is it a waste of time or do they actually serve a purpose? I was told they shouldn't even change the oil until 10,000km cause it's a special oil used only on new cars. And with engine manufacturing being so precise nowdays you don't get the bits of so called crap ending up in the sump. Fact or fiction???::sarc

·
Registered
322 Posts
Reading Topic: 1000km service really necessary?

Will cost you about 60-70 bucks for new oil and filter... that's all they did, plus I think maybe they checked all the bolts and shit to make sure they were at the right torque etc. Oh and they fitted my spoiler at the same time since it was on backorder.

But I'm a computer programmer, not a mechanic, so no clue about if it's a special oil or whatever.

·
Registered
510 Posts

As Rainchild said, it's mainly a checkup of the vehicle, to ensure everything is functioning as it should & tightening of bolts , checking fluid levels, fitting extra accessories etc.....

I don't believe they changed my oil until 10,000 klm service though...

·
Registered
334 Posts

just went over 1000km 2day... probably will take it in for service too .. also might ask if they can modify my rear lights .. i doubt it ..but worth asking ...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Replying to Topic '1000km service really necessary?'

Please let us know about the lights, im thinking about getting mine done to.:)

·
Registered
119 Posts

Oil should be changed as well as your loose nuts tightened at 1000kms. cost me $51.50 I cant believe the oil change was considered optional ? Did a dealer actually say this ? Mazda Aus would not be happy with any lost revenue.

Also got a free replacement of the so called fitted drivers mat which stuffed up after 2 vacuums/removals. The elcheapo plastic locking lug is so crap quality even on the new one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts