Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There should be a law where if a car, that is considered super crappy compared to the MS6 your driving, does anything to damage your car, you have every right to hunt them down and slug them one.

Not really, but I'm just pissed off. I was driving on the 605 North (Los Angeles Area), when a roll of roofing paper (I know that's not what it's called, but it's that sort of paper tar you put under the shingles when working on a roof) is on the fast lane. I can tell that everyone on the fast lane is swerving to the shoulder, so I do the same. The stupid Toyota Echo, as typical of an LA driver, doesn't notice the roll in front, and swerves into in. She manages to drive over it with her left tire, and shoot the roll right at me. I ended up with major cracks on the splash guard. It's practically falling apart. I got lucky the front bumper didn't get scratched or cracked.

It's sad ... I've only owned it for a month, only has 1000 miles, and now I have a bill for $280 to replace the splash guard. I absolutely love this car, so it's going to my credit anyway. But still, I hate to see my MS6 get damaged so early.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I hear ya, the first scratch/accident is the worst. I agree with the hunting down theory.. Same goes if you pak and a heap parks near you and dings your door... You should be able to maim them too! Not that I know what that would be like.... The door dinging.. lol

·
Registered
170 Posts
I hear ya, the first scratch/accident is the worst. I agree with the hunting down theory.. Same goes if you pak and a heap parks near you and dings your door... You should be able to maim them too! Not that I know what that would be like.... The door dinging.. lol
[/b]
Im at 999 miles acctually, and it seems as though someone sent a cart flying into my front passenger wheel well at the super market parking lot. Its got a strait line type bend over the tire. Going to get an estimate for it next week, im guessing 200-300 to fix. I hate inconsiderate assholes. How hard is it to move your shopping cart into a cart corral instead of just sticking your cart right by the closet car to you.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh ... on an added note ... the splash guard for the MS6 is not the same at the 6s or i. The collision center dealer said that the MS6 actually uses the same splash guard as the RX-8. Does that sound right? :unsure: I can't really see that.

·
Registered
661 Posts
If it makes you feel any better...

My Speed was less than a month old - didn't even have plates yet - I was staying at a hotel and parked real close to bushes on the drivers side so the person who parked next to me would have plenty of room... well, I go out there the next morning and some j-hole squeezed between the bushes and my car and their shoulder bag left a scuff/scrape from the back of the rear door all the way to the front of the front door. No amount of polishing would take it out. First scratch and it was a big one.

Then... a few weeks later, I parked on the street across from a client and came out to leave and a "landscaper" was mowing the lawn - I think whatever - get home and notice that the passenger side is covered with cut grass - sucks but no biggy I'm thinking. Later that day I walk by the car on my way into a mexican food joint and see a scratch?? Nooo way I'm thinking. Got my food and looked closer. Sure enough a deep scratch on the passenger front door about 2' long. I'm furious. Tossed out my mexican food in protest.

I took it to an autobody shop and, luckily, they were able to color sand out *most* of the scratches. Normal people can't see them and I can't for the most part - but I know right where to look and they're barely visible.

It's total BS how inconsiderate some people are! Prior to my Speed I had a full sized 4x Ford - for 5 years - and never got so much as a scuff - considering that it barely fit in a parking space, it's amazing how lame some people can be.

So I can totally sympathize... hopefully that's your first and last!

·
Registered
168 Posts
First month I had my car, well not the MS6 haha, i do not own one. Live in a townhouse complex, and the guy mowing the lawn shot two pine cones at my car causing two small dents w/ the lawn mower.... he saw it and i saw it... well i told him to forget it, he was just doing his job.. unfortunate injuries to my brand new car!

·
Registered
76 Posts
if i go out to my car and see damage on my MS6, and a car parked next to me has sufficient damage on their vehicle to say they were the culprit of the damage of my car--out comes my ASP.

I have never been afraid to use my asp on someones car in the past..infact ive used it twice on two different vehicles that thought they would be smart and scrape my bumpers trying to fit in a "parking spot" that wasnt actually there. If i am going to have to pay for my car to get fixed due to their stupidity, then they will have to pay out of pocket more than it will be for what ever is damaged on my car. Side view mirrors are usually expensive as are sun roofs. Oh yeah, head light assemblies on newer vehicles can be costly as well.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Side view mirrors are usually expensive as are sun roofs. Oh yeah, head light assemblies on newer vehicles can be costly as well.
[/b]

Very nice to know. Why didn't I think of that? Door dings are rather inexpensive to fix. I've been hit by people opening their doors while I am in the car, 3 total times. All 3 times, they got their payback, hehe.

·
Registered
489 Posts
...out comes my ASP.

I have never been afraid to use my asp on someones car in the past..
[/b]
:headscrat: ASP? Please explain.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I know Mazda has a Road Hazard section of the warranty that covers damage to your vehicle from things in the road. They fixed 2 of my tires under that and explained that they would fix anything from a road hazard.
I don't know if its just me or not, might want to check with your dealer first.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know Mazda has a Road Hazard section of the warranty that covers damage to your vehicle from things in the road. They fixed 2 of my tires under that and explained that they would fix anything from a road hazard.
I don't know if its just me or not, might want to check with your dealer first.
[/b]
I'm gonna have to research that one. I hate going to the dealer, as many of them can be very quick and stubborn to say no without any proof on your side. But thanks for the tip.

If that's the case, I can keep my ASP in my trunk. <Me at the Mazda dealership> :biggun:

·
Registered
710 Posts
What about park and ride at airport lots? Do you guys use them? I cant imagine letting someone valet your park for days? I mean they keep your key and move it if necessary.

For airport trips I ask for rides or take airport shuttles.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
MY TURN!

Time Owned: 1.5 Months!
Location: Parkinglot for my duplex area (several duplex's use it)

Duration Parked: less than 2 hours in that spot

Damage: Driver side rear door "mini" window.. was shattered... my tint kept the glass together mostly... but the hold that was punched in it... sent glass everywhere in my car

Was 280 to replace... and fix a bit of small damage to the window frame...

I have to go BACK to the shop ... as a clip for my plastic window thingy on the outside is broken.. *sigh*

GOOD NEWS TO EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM READ THIS NOW!!!!!!!

Viper... maybe other companies... But viper for sure.. makes an OEM integration system... allows you to add shock sensors... motion sensors... glass break sensors.. and tilt sensors.. any.. all.. or a mix of... to your factor alarm... using all the factory remotes.. and controls!!!!

Having mine installed today / tomorrow...

Sadly it doesn't have a 2 way pager remote... but those are only useful if you are close enough to hear the alarm 90% of the time anyway....

·
Registered
76 Posts
Way to go LisaLisa, you have the correct answer.

Indeed, i was talking about the metallic beating stick aka baton. Although, I wonder how much fun it would be to swing a venomous snake around by its tail and hitting someones car with it.

They work wonders. Everyone should own one. It fits perfectly in the map compartment.

·
Registered
275 Posts
GOOD NEWS TO EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM READ THIS NOW!!!!!!!

Viper... maybe other companies... But viper for sure.. makes an OEM integration system... allows you to add shock sensors... motion sensors... glass break sensors.. and tilt sensors.. any.. all.. or a mix of... to your factor alarm... using all the factory remotes.. and controls!!!!

Having mine installed today / tomorrow...

Sadly it doesn't have a 2 way pager remote... but those are only useful if you are close enough to hear the alarm 90% of the time anyway....
[/b]
If you have any details on the model # or such, that would be extremely helpful. I'm not finding anything about OEM integration on their site.

Gratzi

·
Registered
136 Posts
Just cleaning my baby this afternoon when I notice a nice ding in the rear passenger side door from some knuckle-head in a parking lot. Guess I'm gonna have to start parking at the other end of the parking lot. Arrrgggh.

R

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
16 Participants
RainmanMSP/6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing