Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two posters on the pinned powerloss thread have recently complained about powerloss for 10-15 seconds which then goes away without an ignition reset. One poster had recently had the ECU reflash.

Suggested explanations have been: flat acceleration due to lugging the engine at high speed (6th gear at 60 MPH with 3 passengers), DSC kicking in, and bad fuel. Anybody else experienced powerloss which was much more than hesitation, but much less than "the powerloss problem" (ECU limiting throttle to 1/3 until ignition reset)?

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Two posters on the pinned powerloss thread have recently complained about powerloss for 10-15 seconds which then goes away without an ignition reset. One poster had recently had the ECU reflash.

Suggested explanations have been: flat acceleration due to lugging the engine at high speed (6th gear at 60 MPH with 3 passengers), DSC kicking in, and bad fuel. Anybody else experienced powerloss which was much more than hesitation, but much less than "the powerloss problem" (ECU limiting throttle to 1/3 until ignition reset)?
[/b]
Are you saying/suggesting that there might be a new species of powerloss for those who HAVE gotten the ECU reflash?

·
Registered
11,748 Posts
As with the original issues. Please try to provide as much info as possible when the problem occurs.

1) Relative engine load (are you crusing on a flat surface, accelerating up a hill)
2) Relative load on the car (5 friends, or 1 halle berry)
3) Throttle position (if possible)
4) RPM and MPH
5) Ambient temp
6) Mod's
7) Any pending, cel, or FFD data.
8) If you had the reflash or not.
9) Any particular activity the car was doing at the time (flying sideways at 70 mph, pulling .95g's in a banked oval ,etc).

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you saying/suggesting that there might be a new species of powerloss for those who HAVE gotten the ECU reflash?
[/b]
No. One guy had the reflash, the other may or may not have. Just trying to flesh out what's behind a new complaint that seems different from previous complaints about hesitation one one end and ECU-based powerloss on the other.

Crossbow's format looks like a good basis for doing this.

·
Registered
319 Posts
My power loss was for 10-15 seconds. Flat surface, 91 octane gas, car had been running for about 20 minutes in stop and go traffic, tempeture was around 75 degrees, no reflash, driving straight ahead at 25 to 45 MPH, no boost at all from 2500 rpm to 5000 rpm, no mods.

·
Registered
11,748 Posts
My power loss was for 10-15 seconds. Flat surface, 91 octane gas, car had been running for about 20 minutes in stop and go traffic, tempeture was around 75 degrees, no reflash, driving straight ahead at 25 to 45 MPH, no boost at all from 2500 rpm to 5000 rpm, no mods.[/b]
OK I have to admit after 10 seconds of no power I quickly shut off ignition and restarted. Cars power was immediately restored on restart.[/b]
Grants,

You have the standard powerloss problem. Please visit your dealership for the reflash. This thread is for those who already have the reflash, and are continuing to have issues. The placing of "reflash yes/no" in the list is to eliminate anyone who hasn't been to the dealer yet for the update.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My power loss was for 10-15 seconds. Flat surface, 91 octane gas, car had been running for about 20 minutes in stop and go traffic, tempeture was around 75 degrees, no reflash, driving straight ahead at 25 to 45 MPH, no boost at all from 2500 rpm to 5000 rpm, no mods.
[/b]
Looks like we're down to one guy with a 10-15 second powerloss, who may have just been lugging the engine due to high gear, heavy load.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I've had the reflash, and it was due to lugging the engine, not a 'powerloss' type of problem.

Problem was even worst with the A/C on. Went WOT and it sat there, full boost. It did move, but ever so slightly.

Jason

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
jsehlms
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing