Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
jus wondering if anyone had one of these Mazdas before their 6 ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Reading Topic: 1 gen Mazda 929, anyone ever had one of these ??

My brother had one. Nice, smooth, good interior. Really lacking in rear seat room. He was never happy about the extra noise the v6 made when it was cold.

·
Registered
11,748 Posts

Engine noise when cold can usually be solved by moving to a better grade oil.

Loud or noisy engines at cold temps is a very common problem. (www.bobistheoilguy.com) and is almost always solved by moving to synthetic oil with a slightly lower weight in the winter.

Aka if you normally ran 5w-30, running a 0w-20 mobil1 supersyn in the winter would remove the noise.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts

The 3.0 In the 929 was very loud when fist started compared to newer cars.

Check for oil leaks. The drivers side head houses the distributer. The opposing haed has a plate with and o-ring to fill the hole that is close to the passenger side firewall. Also the timing components are prone to wear. The timing belt tensioner is hydraulic and it is not cheap.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I have a oil leak on the passenger side valve cover, its been leaking for a year, is it not good to leave it leaking, (i go through and extra quart every 1200kms but it doesnt leak all that much it seaps from the valve cover and sometimes its smells how much is that to repair and what will happen if I leave it for longer ?

·
Registered
9 Posts

My wife and I had an '88 model for several years. It was a good enough car, but it was very expensive to fix! And for whoever said they lacked rear seat room, how big are you?!? (no offense) I always felt like I was in a limo when I rode in the back!

We finally traded in the 929 for our '03 Ford Escape.

Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
fastmov4
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing