Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I test drove a mazdaspeed 6 yesterday. I couldn't figure out what the roller switch on the far left of the dash was. it has 3 positions, 1, 2, 3. I asked the salesman and he told me it was foglight frequency. Sounds like bullshit to me. Can anyone tell me what this really is? I can't find this feature on the mazda website or here. I did search. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I asked the salesman and he told me it was foglight frequency.
[/b]
Foglight FREQUENCY???!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

"Captain, we may be able to outrun the Klingons by modulating the foglight frequency." :D

If the salesman had bothered to read the owner's manual, he would know that the switch adjusts the aiming of the headlights. Basically, you can lower the headlights when carrying passengers in the back or cargo in the trunk.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Alex, I'd like non-existant automotive features for $1000, please...

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
it's the manual levelling for the headlight i suppose

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alex, I'd like non-existant automotive features for $1000, please...
[/b]
interesting feature. is it actually useful? I didn't give the saleman too much shit about it. He was a kid about my age (20) and said he'd only been there for a few months. I would have been happier with an I dont know, however.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
it is very useful in aiming the headlights so that you can get a better view of the road.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Read your manual. Or the above posts... "it levels your head lights."

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Foglight FREQUENCY???!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

"Captain, we may be able to outrun the Klingons by modulating the foglight frequency." :D

If the salesman had bothered to read the owner's manual, he would know that the switch adjusts the aiming of the headlights. Basically, you can lower the headlights when carrying passengers in the back or cargo in the trunk.
[/b]
Wrong. Its the warp-factor selection switch. The 06 speed6 is only capable of up to warp 3. The 07's I hear can do warp 4... bigger turbo I think.

·
Registered
217 Posts
It activates the time circuits and flux capacitor

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
"RTFM" might be true.. but upping your post count with stupid shit like that doesn't help anyone....

0 - (All the way down)... this is best when you don't need to "see" the road... but you want lights for other drivers to see you...

1 - Good setting for night city driving... When there are lights around but not enough to completely see the road

2 - Setting for driving at night... with a clear sky and stars / moon...

3 - This setting is what pisses other drivers off... and why so many people hate HID headlights... you'll blind the shit outta people... But you'll see the road in any light situations =)

Only use 3 if you are alone on a highway.. similar to brights.. only they aren't bright enough to switch down every time someone is in the other lane...

·
Registered
679 Posts
You have it backwards. 0 is as high as it gets...and that is for normal driving. 1, 2, and 3 are for cargo and people in the car. These settings LOWER the lights to make up for the weight in the back!

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
.... THough i'm sure cargo and such have a purpose... if you run the lights on the highest setting with say.. only 1 or 2 people in the vehicle... you will BLIND the shit out of oncomming traffic... While you may not care.. I personally don't want to be a hue ass... When people see my car and lights they always comment HOW MUCH they hate them because people blind them on the roads with HID's... I just inform them its inproper use... and demonstrate... parked several yards infront of their vehicle... with the setting all the way down.... i can see the road ... they don't get blinded.. the first 0 and 1... settings do not blind people.. and allow you to see the road....

Its only in super dark areas with no lights that you need the 2 or 3 setting.... which is almost like having BRIGHTS on... you can see the entire road... and for quite a distance...

Anyway doesn't matter... The whole point is adjustment depending on the situation... if you have people in the car.. you might need higher or lower settting to see.... But when the vehicle is empty.. running on the highest setting will blind people... and spread the HID hate...

·
Registered
679 Posts
You have it wrong! 0 is the highest setting. 1 2 3 all lower them. 1 or 2 people in the car at 1 or 2 setting makes them point at the ground more. Go aim them at a garage and watch. 0 is for normal everyday driving!

If 0 blinds people on your car they need to be lowered.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I agree. 0 or MAYBE 1 is the setting that I feel would be "normal." In fact, personally I think that 2 or 3 is actually way too low for regular driving by myself. One thing I'm curious about though, is if I remember, in my MS6GT, if I rotate the switch all the way up, I get 0. However, I have a friend that has an M6SGT and in her car, to get to 0 you have to rotate it all the way down. I could just be mistaken, but is this switch opposite in the 6 as it is in the MS6?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts