Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey,

New member, so go easy on me. I own a 2009 6i Grand Touring with Bose Audio with 102,000 miles. It has two problems currently that I have done research on these forums about already but have been unable to find solutions for thus far.

1) When the car is locked with the key fob the alarm goes off by itself multiple times a day without anyone near it. Currently I am leaving the car unlocked to let myself and the neighbors sleep, but need a solution. I have read that the problem is with one of the door actuators being faulty and needing replacement. From what I have read here it is often the rear door actuators that are the issue. How can I go upon finding out which door (e.g. rear driver side door) actuator to purchase parts for and to replace? Can this information be looked up using an OBDII reader? Could the alarm issue also have to do with the trunk or hood? Do those have any electrical connections to the alarm?

2) The factory bose audio system was working fine, but recently started a loud repeated popping sound every few seconds. The car has push button start, and as soon as I open the driver's door and the car senses I am getting inside I hear a popping noise from the speakers. When I turn on the engine ignition and drive off, the popping noise continues for the duration of the while I am listening the audio from the OEM Bluetooth or from the radio. I removed the fuse for the audio system and it eliminates the popping noise, but now I don't have any audio. I found a business on eBay that I can ship the amp to that refurbishes the amps to make them work, which I am considering doing. Also, no, I don't want to go aftermarket. Two questions: 1) Any suggestions for how to fix this other than refurbishing the amp? 2) I have read that the bose amp is located under the passenger seat for 2009s, but so have been unable to locate it. It is not there. Where is the stock bose amp located on my car and how can I access it?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
WD-40 all the doors latches (where the striker hits) really good, its a common thing on the older ones. Simple fix for the Blose is, use the AUX input? The amp may be in the passenger kick. although on my 06 its under the drivers seat. I think on my 3, its bolted to the passenger seat, but i havent bothered to verify as im waiting to move before i dive into my install.

·
Registered
920 Posts
I WD-40'd all my latches a few weeks ago and it continues to alarm randomly, sometimes multiple times a day.
Next time my car is in for service, I'll have them take a look at the computer. They should be able to view the last several alarm codes and what caused them. That's how to find out the WHY. Since WD-40 didn't work for me, I plan to disassemble the latch and try to clean the switch contacts. If that doesn't work, I'll just replace it.

~Mike

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
BUMP

"I WD-40'd all my latches a few weeks ago and it continues to alarm randomly, sometimes multiple times a day.
Next time my car is in for service, I'll have them take a look at the computer. They should be able to view the last several alarm codes and what caused them. That's how to find out the WHY. Since WD-40 didn't work for me, I plan to disassemble the latch and try to clean the switch contacts. If that doesn't work, I'll just replace it.

~Mike "

That is my experience as well. I used large amounts of WD-40 on all the latches on the car and it seemed to help for a few weeks, but the alarm keeps going off so it didn't work as a permanent fix for me.

Is there any way to pull the alarm codes without going to the dealer?

As for the Bose stereo, I still need help locating the amp on my car. Most places seem to say that it is supposed to be under the passenger seat, which it is not. Can anyone confirm whether it is in the passenger footwell? If so, how do I access it?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Is there any way to pull the alarm codes without going to the dealer?
Not really unless you know someone with a Rotunda IDS Dealer Programming Module (or a knockoff). It's the same system the dealer uses to program the programmable options listed in the back of the manual.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts