Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in Toronto, Lease rate was good, discount was decent,
but leasin' a 07 MS6 was cheaper than 07 MS3......

Anyways, i only did little mods to my ex-P5,
exhaust, intake, suspensions, cosmetics and etc...

i have no knowledge of turbo....i hope you guys can help me out here~

i've read all or most of the BOV threads and still have little questions....

1. OEM BOV + aftermarket intake, can i get psssh sound?
2. aftermarket BOV + OEM intake, can i get psssh sound?
3. is it easy to swap BOV from VTA to recirculate? vise versa?
4. wats pefered? SC or CP-E BOV kit?

I like to run my BOV VTA, for sound but after the immense readin' of problems (rich, CEL, rough idle, etc)
even though i don't track or race or drive hard my car, i j/ wanna hear the woosh once a while....is it still an issue?

I really don't wanna spend too much money on mod as this is a leased car, cuz when the lease is up, i get little or close to nothing in return

Anyways, i hope i can start blending into the club.....and thx in advance!

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
1) Woosh sound is noob... so if thats what you're going for... Then... This is probably the wrong place to post... As "cool" as it may seem most will flame you for wanting the "sound" over the performance...

2) Same as above... BOV is a performance mod.. that happens to make noise...

3) Yes

4) CP-E

·
Registered
249 Posts
where in TO did you get your speed6?

also... adding a CAI gives you a "WHOOSH" sound when you step on the gas... sounds bad ass when its suckin all that air in.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pictures??? I have yet to see an 07, not that they are any different ;)
[/b]
No pics yet, as my car is still bein' shipped over from the west coast...
a VIN wasn't even provided for me yet...

but it looks like there is no difference......if anyone knows, let me know!

BTW, sorry not woosh sound...but pssh instead~

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I'm in Toronto, Lease rate was good, discount was decent,
but leasin' a 07 MS6 was cheaper than 07 MS3......

Anyways, i only did little mods to my ex-P5,
exhaust, intake, suspensions, cosmetics and etc...

i have no knowledge of turbo....i hope you guys can help me out here~

i've read all or most of the BOV threads and still have little questions....

1. OEM BOV + aftermarket intake, can i get psssh sound?
2. aftermarket BOV + OEM intake, can i get psssh sound?
3. is it easy to swap BOV from VTA to recirculate? vise versa?
4. wats pefered? SC or CP-E BOV kit?

I like to run my BOV VTA, for sound but after the immense readin' of problems (rich, CEL, rough idle, etc)
even though i don't track or race or drive hard my car, i j/ wanna hear the woosh once a while....is it still an issue?

I really don't wanna spend too much money on mod as this is a leased car, cuz when the lease is up, i get little or close to nothing in return

Anyways, i hope i can start blending into the club.....and thx in advance!
[/b]
If you want loud intake sounds, get the Fujita CAI. People who have tried several CAIs seem to think it's the loudest. It's certainly loud on my car. There's a group buy going on right now, so you can get in at a good price if you don't wait too long.

·
Registered
651 Posts
but it looks like there is no difference......if anyone knows, let me know!

[/b]
There are no appearance differences.
The only differences that I could find are:

07's are rated at 270 Hp as compared to 06's 274 Hp preflash.

They only have 4 colors now. Only silver, gray, red, and black. No more blackcherry or white.

No option for black/white leather, only black leather or cloth.

The warranty is now bumper to bumper 36 months or 36,000 miles and powertrain 60 months or 60,000 miles.

This is all MazdaUSA.

·
Registered
70 Posts
There are no appearance differences.
The only differences that I could find are:

07's are rated at 270 Hp as compared to 06's 274 Hp preflash.

They only have 4 colors now. Only silver, gray, red, and black. No more blackcherry or white.

The warranty is now bumper to bumper 36 months or 36,000 miles and powertrain 60 months or 60,000 miles.

This is all MazdaUSA.
[/b]
I believe there are some center console differences as well as a few other that I can not think of at the moment for undiscolsed reasons. =D

·
Registered
1,004 Posts

[/b]
NO black/white leather? Damn, I thought that + black exterior was the best combo...must not have sold well or something.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
NO black/white leather? Damn, I thought that + black exterior was the best combo...must not have sold well or something.
[/b]
Since the MS6 was first announced, the white/black interior has had a love-it-or-hate-it reception. There have certianly been a lot of people here on Mazda6Club that have stated they hate the two-tone look. I personnally like it (otherwise I wouldn't have bought a car with it), but some of my friends don't care for the look. My best friend refers to my car as having the "Liberace interior" :D

The Mazda literature for the '06 MS6 stated that the white/black interior was "limited availability", so I'm not surprised that only the black interior is available in '07.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Since the MS6 was first announced, the white/black interior has had a love-it-or-hate-it reception. There have certianly been a lot of people here on Mazda6Club that have stated they hate the two-tone look. I personnally like it (otherwise I wouldn't have bought a car with it), but some of my friends don't care for the look. My best friend refers to my car as having the "Liberace interior" :D

The Mazda literature for the '06 MS6 stated that the white/black interior was "limited availability", so I'm not surprised that only the black interior is available in '07.
[/b]
Yeah, that killed me when I bought mine, I really wanted the black/white look...

Anyone have any idea how much it costs to get a car reupholstered?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
[/b]
That sucks...

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
I believe there are some center console differences as well as a few other that I can not think of at the moment for undiscolsed reasons. =D
[/b]
Any more thoughts now you are sober?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts