Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Sorry if this sounds random. But what is the size of the speakers in an 07 Mazda 6i?
Both the front and back speakers are 6X8
You can fit a 5 3/4'' in the slot with no sweat
or
can shove a 6 1/2 to 6 3/4'' in there with some adapter work and door panel modification

·
Registered
698 Posts
@tuckNroll - Thanks!!
no problem dude, but when you say thanks, you should press the thanks button in the bottom right corner of the response.

I also wanted to mention that the door panel mod consists of removing a plastic ring the cups the factory speaker. It is also recommended to remove this ring reguardless of speaker size you are using. Typically, aftermarket speakers are bigger in every which way and are not designed to hug the door panel like the OEM ones. :yesnod:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol. My bad... I'm finally getting used to these forums now. I actually just bought some used in excellent condition factory Bose speakers that came from a 03-05 Mazda 3. Fits perfectly =) Sounds much better than the factory ones and now I'm just looking for two more to put in the rear and the Bose amp of course.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Lol. My bad... I'm finally getting used to these forums now. I actually just bought some used in excellent condition factory Bose speakers that came from a 03-05 Mazda 3. Fits perfectly =) Sounds much better than the factory ones and now I'm just looking for two more to put in the rear and the Bose amp of course.
Interesting, I've never heard of anyone actually attempting this. Usually, they go from bose to something else. What strikes me even more is you stated that it sounds better without the amp in line. Usually those bose speakers are very picky about where they are getting their power from. In otherwords, using bose speakers without bose amp(or vise-versa) usually results in bad quality. Don't get me wrong, I am discouraging you from completing what you are doing.
Did you replace the rear or did you replace the front? what about the tweeters? crossovers?
Do you plan on adding the sub as well?
Note: when adding the amp, you will need a high to low converter, or you can switch out your HU for a bose one, or even an aftermarket one.
i kept my factory headunit and added onto it. It contributes to the flow of the dash, 6 disc changer, steering wheel buttons and of course you can add on sat radio, line in, ipod connect... You cant go wrong with the factory HU, unless you blow it of course...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I replaced the rear speakers with Focal 6.5 access speakers and it wasn't too bad. Just use a rotozip and a diamond bit to get rid of the plastic ring. I also cut some of the fabric off as well around the speaker and got a shop to make me adapters. If you do so you gotta also trim off the plastic above where the rain guard would rest under. Not to bad really only took about 2 hours.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts