Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all my first post here :)

have had my 07 Mazda 6 TS2 Diesel (UK) for nearly a year and it has 12k on the clock.

For as long as i can remember it has had a really harsh gear box when starting from cold, its just really tough to put in gear and goes in with a clunk. After about 5 mins of driving it gets smoother.

I took the car to the dealer a couple of times but they say its normal and because it is a direct cable shift.

The whole thing seems a little odd to me. Anyone else experiance this ???

Thanks in advance

Ian

·
Registered
561 Posts
Hi all my first post here :)

have had my 07 Mazda 6 TS2 Diesel (UK) for nearly a year and it has 12k on the clock.

For as long as i can remember it has had a really harsh gear box when starting from cold, its just really tough to put in gear and goes in with a clunk. After about 5 mins of driving it gets smoother.

I took the car to the dealer a couple of times but they say its normal and because it is a direct cable shift.

The whole thing seems a little odd to me. Anyone else experiance this ???

Thanks in advance

Ian[/b]
Mine is like that too, I'm pretty sure its normal. Allow the car to warm up and take it easy until the car is fully warmed up.

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Mine is like that too, I'm pretty sure its normal. Allow the car to warm up and take it easy until the car is fully warmed up.[/b]

+1 to that.

and u could also upgrade ur gear oil to something better. like synthetic.......Royal Purple, Mobil 1, Valvoline durablend, Redline. or something of that nature. they should have better cold start/weather protection than the factory stuff

·
Registered
561 Posts
+1 to that.

and u could also upgrade ur gear oil to something better. like synthetic.......Royal Purple, Mobil 1, Valvoline durablend, Redline. or something of that nature. they should have better cold start/weather protection than the factory stuff[/b]
+1 to the oil.

I remember in January when I got my car the oil that comes in the tranny is not the best in the cold. I then drained that out and filled the tranny up with Redline MT 90 and I noticed the cars cold starts are still there but no where near as long as the stock fluid.

Synthetic transmission fluid FTW! lol

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
definitely get synthetic. But I have heard that redline isn't as smooth as others in cold, but it definitely kicks ass once its warm.

·
Registered
561 Posts
definitely get synthetic. But I have heard that redline isn't as smooth as others in cold, but it definitely kicks ass once its warm.[/b]
Thats true, its a bit crappy in the initial warm up of the car but its fine after a couple of mins of driving.

·
Registered
701 Posts
definitely get synthetic. But I have heard that redline isn't as smooth as others in cold, but it definitely kicks ass once its warm.[/b]
Actually Redline is pretty good in the cold. Roayl Purple is the one that is near impossible to shift once the temps get to 40 and under. In WI, it was impossible to shift once the temps got to 20 Deg. With Redline, it was fine this weekend at -10!!

I have heard that Amsoil's is better yet... Haven't tried it though.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Redline is worse than the factory fluid only when cold. You have to nearly come to a full stop to shift into first. Otherwise its a better MTF in every area.[/b]
Not more me. Redline is 100% better all the time compared to stock. Cold starts it was smoother and it warmed up faster and drove smoother compared to stock semi-synthetic.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
l3ig_c
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing