Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently swapped a used transmission into my 2006 Mazda 6 and am now getting a single trans code P0778 “Pressure Control Solenoid B Electrical”. I have since driven the car some to circulate trans fluid then drained the pan and refilled it two times because I read that dirty fluid can throw this code. After that I changed the solenoid itself but still the same code. The only thing I can think now is that it has to be the internal wiring harness but is there anything else it could be before I go spend a hundred buck
Thanks for the help
Cam

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to add that I also swapped in a different tcm to see if it would make a difference and still the same code.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Check your harness, make sure you didn't pull a wire or something. Be sure the connector is dry, I've seen just a small amount of moisture in a connector cause trouble codes. Barring any of that you might just have a bad shift solenoid, I haven't had the side pan off one of these yet so I couldn't testify to how easy or hard it is to open it up and change the solenoid, but it's a fairly common type of repair on these electronically controlled transmissions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts