Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody with an 06 had issues with the remote on the switch-key stop working? My light lights up, but NONE of the buttons work anymore, and I dont want to break it in half without knowing whats on the inside. Anybody know whats up with this?

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like a trip to the dealer!
[/b]
My dealer sucks - I HATE going there, but I went there today, and they said it has to be reprogrammed, and that it takes 1 hour with my car. So now I get to make ANOTHER trip to the friendly dealer :irate:

FYI, they said that it has been happening on the 06' switch-keys pretty regularly, that it somehow unprograms itself, so if anybody else has the same prob, thats what it is...

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
My dealer sucks - I HATE going there, but I went there today, and they said it has to be reprogrammed, and that it takes 1 hour with my car. So now I get to make ANOTHER trip to the friendly dealer :irate:

FYI, they said that it has been happening on the 06' switch-keys pretty regularly, that it somehow unprograms itself, so if anybody else has the same prob, thats what it is...
[/b]
At least it's a free fix.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I have an 04... same thing happened to me recently. One of my remotes stopped working.
Before someone says change the battery... I did. I swaped the batteries with the other romote and it still doesn't work. But the second remote works with the first ones batter....

... boy that can be confusing....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
Smilinvamp
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing