Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have been having an issue with my Speed6 not wanting to start. Sometimes it will start and sometimes it wont. The crazy part about the the whole thing is when I jack the car up it starts fine. When I put it back on the ground it will start maybe 3 times straight , then I'm back to square one of no starting. It also did start after I put it into gear while I had it on the ground, but then that failed as well. Any suggestions would help. Thanx in advance

·
Registered
787 Posts
I find this weird... and so I have a weird suggestion. Try replacing your battery with a new one or at least, try to jumpstart it.

I don't see any connections from jacking up the car then starting it.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
The only thing that happens when I turn the key, is the lights on the dash turn on.
Ok, when you turn the key, do you hear a click under the dash indicating the starter relay is engaging? If not, id start there, its above your knees. If it does click, i would start at the starter itself and see if the solenoid is working or not. If it does click, then you can start looking at the motor/ecu.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Check the clutch pedal switch, should be up close to the linkage. It could be lose or faulty.
That wont cause it to die though, but its easy enough to check as well. Be mindful there are two switches, one for the cruise (near the top of the pedal travel path) and one for starting which is at the floor.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I find this weird... and so I have a weird suggestion. Try replacing your battery with a new one or at least, try to jumpstart it.

I don't see any connections from jacking up the car then starting it.
I tried jump starting it when it left me stranded and still had the same results.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Still nothing. I will say this, sometimes when I try to start it and when its it last time it going to start itll try and crank for a quick sec then stop.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I had a Mazda 626 a zillion years ago in which the start switch went bad. Wiggle the key while you are attempting to crank, if that changes anything it could be that switch.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I changed the location of the ground coming from the battery completely. I eliminated the factory body grounds that were originally installed on the car and relocated the battery to body ground. Thanx fornall the suggestions and help

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Why, why, why would you eliminate the body grounds and not upgrade them? The ground HAS to go to body AND motor, usually one of the starter mounting bolts. And prob 4-5 other points to the motor/body as well.
I'm starting to think your right. I did a ground from the battery to the body. Everything worked fine until this morning no I'm back at square one.. fml

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So such a late update, but I found out what the problem is kinda. So even though i took out all those other grounds it ok. The problem is the wiring harness on the front of the passenger side was having some sort of issue. So at the moment I have it zip tied to a couple of brackets and it's good to go for now until I do a permanent fix. Weird but works

1 - 20 of 20 Posts