Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 speed6, got it with about 8k miles on it. Got it up to about 91k now. I took it into the dealer about a month ago to have a wheel bearing replaced. I went to pick it up and the transmission and clutch were shot. Before this wheel bearing, I had only replaced brakes on the vehicle. When I returned to pick up the car, I was given my receipt and their Mazda full circle report card. The report card stated I needed new front brakes and nothing else. As I got into my car and started to drive it away, there were issues with the clutch and accelerator. The clutch wasn't working correctly, I was having difficulty shifting gears, and when I had the car out of gear it was still trying to go forward. I took the car back to the repair shop and told them of the issue. A mechanic came out and popped the hood. On the drivers side where they were working, there was what he said was power steering fluid all over. He got in the vehicle and then told me I had no clutch. I left the vehicle there and was contacted on Monday the 13th. I was told that I needed either a new transmission, or the current one had to be rebuilt. They told me it would cost about $5200 for a new one, $100 less for the rebuild. I believe that they caused these issues. I took it in to have a wheel bearing replaced, and could not drive the vehicle off their lot. There are issues with the power steering, transmission, accelerator and clutch. The service department is trying to tell me that it "just happened". There is no way that all these things happened to go wrong at the same time when I tried to leave their parking lot. They had to drive the vehicle to determine the issue with the wheel bearing, they also drove it in and out of their shop. None of these issues were conveyed to me, yet they found it necessary to tell me my front brakes were bad.
I reported them to the Better Business Bureau. They are now willing to pay for the clutch and all the labor, they just want me to pay for the tranny. I had no issues with the car before I took it in. Does anyone have suggestions?

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Damn dude, that was a rough read. Sorry for your troubles. What the hell could they have been doing to F your car up so bad? I don't have any advice atm, but good luck and welcome to the forum! I hope you get your problems resolved quickly and for free :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts