Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a buyer for my 04 Cobra (if I can part with it :( ) .... anyway ... there are 2 MS6 GTs I'm looking at .. 2 different dealerships ..

One is a RED (build date 12/2005) '06 w/ the 6k rebate (so cheaper by 3k). They would sell me the Grey 07 Build date of Sept 2006) for just over invoice (or so they say .. just over 27k before TTL).

What would you do if you were in my shoes and I do sell the Cobra?

thanks,
Crowley

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Sell the Cobra and take the 06 and enjoy the 14K extra miles of the warranty.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Sell the Cobra and take the 06 and enjoy the 14K extra miles of the warranty.
[/b]
First your can do better than $6k off on '06. With a very light push, every dealership will go 6k off.

What is the advantage of the '07 model? There are no real changes to the MS6 this year! There will only be about 2000 of '07 made so they will be more rare. There is only a $1k MAC rebate on it this month but I wager it will be going for $6-8k off in 6-8 months too. If money matters to you, the choice is easy!

Also the '07 color choices are more limited and so is the availability.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Get an '06 for warranty reasons.

I got rid of an '04 Cobra drop top. I don't regret it...well except when it is like 90 degrees and sunny.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Yeah, like 3 days a yea....haha

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I have a buyer for my 04 Cobra (if I can part with it :( ) .... anyway ... there are 2 MS6 GTs I'm looking at .. 2 different dealerships ..

One is a RED (build date 12/2005) '06 w/ the 6k rebate (so cheaper by 3k). They would sell me the Grey 07 Build date of Sept 2006) for just over invoice (or so they say .. just over 27k before TTL).

What would you do if you were in my shoes and I do sell the Cobra?

thanks,
Crowley
[/b]
cobra is a beast of a ride. it all depends on what you want and need. out of the 06/07 i'd buy the 06. longer warranty and the same exact car. if you can deal with the red. we all know its not as fast as a terminator, let alone a 500 hp one, but if you can deal without the glorious sc whine and convert to awd turbo power, you'll enjoy the car.

are you at the point in your life you really want or need a 4 door turbo saloon? if you are, then you know what you need to do. 1 thing for sure is we all know its 1 hell of a 4 dr car.

if i were you, if you have the cash or the cobra is paid off, keep it. i do seriously see you being upset at yourself in the future with selling it. my best friend has a 99 camaro drag car that runs low 9's at 145-147ish. i let him drive my car and he simply said, wow its pretty nice.

bottom line, its all on your shoulders.. put some serious though into it. i know i NEVER am selling my speed6. its just not happening.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Well, budget wise and common sense wise, 06 hands down.

Reasons?

1) Cheaper, dealer will give you a better deal than an 07.

2) You have an extended warrenty.

3) Why not? What real advantage is there in the 07? Maybe some minor tweaks that are so insignificant that you'll never know the difference.

·
Registered
787 Posts
First your can do better than $6k off on '06. With a very light push, every dealership will go 6k off.

What is the advantage of the '07 model? There are no real changes to the MS6 this year! There will only be about 2000 of '07 made so they will be more rare. There is only a $1k MAC rebate on it this month but I wager it will be going for $6-8k off in 6-8 months too. If money matters to you, the choice is easy!

Also the '07 color choices are more limited and so is the availability.
[/b]
Where do you get the 07 production figures from? I'm curious how many will be made.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I love the velocity red...no regrets at all!! The gold flake in it is really something to see when the sun hits it.

Today a cop stopped me in an intersection in North East DC of all places...he rolled his window down and just as I thought the hammer was going to come down, he exclaims "That's a really great looking car!"

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Holy Crap...the figures on your cobra is awesome!!!

Um I'd keep the cobra......

But if you want an MS6, definately get the 2006 model, you can get more than 6K off of the car...like braindrainer said. What he didn't say is that it's Area dependant.....down south you are likely to get a better deal than the good ol expensive to live in north of USA.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I'd get the '06. I love the velocity red!! It's the color I wanted. There were so many of these up here when I bought two months ago that I think the only option/color that was hard to find was a two-toned interior, which I didn't want. I got mine at $7k off MSRP, it's hard to pass up that deal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts