Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm at Sema and just saw the 06 metra kit for the 6. I'll post some pictures later. sorry if repost

·
Registered
829 Posts
i'm at Sema and just saw the 06 metra kit for the 6. I'll post some pictures later. sorry if repost
[/b]
oooooooooooo, awesome news. Can you actually buy one at SEMA?! =) Thanks for the good news.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well....here is the picture

·
Registered
383 Posts
It's missing the silver 'piping' trim on the sides thats new to the 06's.

I wonder if they just painted it a different color and called it an 06. We'll have to see if the controls and/or display work haha

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wonder if they just painted it a different color and called it an 06. We'll have to see if the controls and/or display work haha
[/b]
I was wondering the same thing...

·
Registered
829 Posts
that picture is a MS6...the kit itself is just plain black, so it won't match either way.

And I don't think they are that stupid since they got a ton of complaints about it not working with the '06s. But who knows, stranger things have happened.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I just checked metras site and the 06 m6 dash kit isnt there (yet). But I did look at the part number forthe 03-05 (99-7503) The pn on the kit in in the above pics is 99-7507. My guess is that they just painted the 05 kit black and changed the electronics.
Maybe you could take the guts out of the metra kit and put it on the factory dash so you could keep the silver piping. (and the ms6 guys would still have gloss)

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
is it me or are the buttons for a/c, and such different than the 06'? i know i don't have a button for defrost that's on the center dial type button.

·
Registered
592 Posts
sweet hope it works on the ms6 with automatic climate controls.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I just noticed that the buttons for a/c and rear defrost ar backwards from my car.

·
Registered
829 Posts
wow, didn't even notice that. I guess I was too excited that I can finally put in my headunit after almost a year...<sigh>

How can they not change that after so long?!

·
Registered
383 Posts
I just noticed that the buttons for a/c and rear defrost ar backwards from my car.
[/b]
Mine are the same as the metra kit. AC on the left, and Defrost on the right.
I'd say it was a Canadian thing, but you're in Red Deer :s

That pic of the MS6 are reversed.

Only difference is my buttons have the little etched plastic to spread the light, and the metra is just straight LEDs.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
the metra loks cheap compared to the stock dash, oh well i'm happy with my stock deck for now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
For me this Metra Dash Kits are all FAKES :irate:

Did you ever hear a person writing on a Board having it in use in his Mazda 6 :drool:

NO!

The Dash Kit for Mazda 6 build 2003 was silver and had the SAME misstake

AC is in all MAZDA 6 Versions (Europe + American) on the right, and Defrost on the left side
Middle is airflow control!

They always show Pictures with changed AC,...

So for which country this dash works?
Japanese Mazda 6 - maybe :(

Greet`s Erich

·
Registered
186 Posts
[attachmentid=16884]I dont know if anyone cares but here's a picture of my installed with a Pioneer in-dash DVD player
[/b]
looks good was it pretty easy to install as far as gettin or dash off, and switchin the harnessing over? i plan on installin my head unit in a few months ive priced teh kit at about 180 everywhere i look that what you paid?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts