Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to get the your 03-05 mazda 6 tail/head lights looking like the tail/head lights on the mazda 2006 version. Anyone know where to buy them or mod them to look exactly like them, cause I really like the black background bezel in the lights, much more than the chrome underlay of altezzas. to give you an example,
Tail light
Tail light 2
Headlight

·
Registered
228 Posts
Black '06 taillights can be purchased from dealers like JimClick [look in the sponsors section] for around $200.

As for the headlights, you can paint the inner bezel black using a process known as "baking the headlights" and there is a how-to on 6tech titled "Tinting your headlights"

There are several threads with more info on these if you search a bit.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Anyone know how to get the your 03-05 mazda 6 tail/head lights looking like the tail/head lights on the mazda 2006 version. Anyone know where to buy them or mod them to look exactly like them, cause I really like the black background bezel in the lights, much more than the chrome underlay of altezzas. to give you an example,
Tail light
Tail light 2
Headlight
[/b]

The 06 headlights are wicked expensive...! Better off painting the bezel

·
Registered
476 Posts
it took me 4 trips to the dealer to get a set (of black tails) ordered from the warehouse in Cali. All 4 sets came scratched/scuffed and I had to peice together a decent set for a dicounted price. so be careful if you live onthe west coast. they said it would be impossible to get a 100% ok set. the headlights run around 500/side if you dont trust yourself, you should buy some used lights off ebay and bake 'em for around 400 for both sides.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I had several problems getting tail lights in from the Irvine warehouse several months ago, but lately there haven't been any issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
7 Participants
maddog20/20
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing