Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there!
My keys to my car stopped working, so the lock/unlock/panic button no longer work. The light in the middle of the keys don't light up, so either battery or itself is broke.

Does anyone know how to take it apart?

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
If you just want it fixed, take it back to the dealer.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Hey there!
My keys to my car stopped working, so the lock/unlock/panic button no longer work. The light in the middle of the keys don't light up, so either battery or itself is broke.

Does anyone know how to take it apart?
[/b]

Have you tried reading your manual..? :search:

In section 3-7 it tells you how to replace the battery, which requires opening the remote. Disassembling it beyond that point is not recommended. :nono:

Hard to believe an '06 already wore the battery down. I'll assume you've tried your other key? :yesnod:

I notice your car specs say you have front splash guards..where did you get them?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so...uh... replacing the battery is something done by the dealer?

splash guards. go to pepboys/etc buy some universal ones and cut to fit use exsiting plastic push-in's. I only used the top one to secure it, then you can use double sided tape to hold the bottom (i didn't)

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
so...uh... replacing the battery is something done by the dealer?
splash guards. go to pepboys/etc buy some universal ones and cut to fit use exsiting plastic push-in's. I only used the top one to secure it, then you can use double sided tape to hold the bottom (i didn't)
[/b]

(Sigh!)

No.............if you READ YOUR MANUAL you will discover that you are able to replace the battery all by yourself using simple household tools. Any further disassembly of the remote is discouraged and will probably ruin it.

IF replacing the battery doesn't fix the problem, THEN a trip to your dealer would be the next step.

I hope that explains it better. For safety sake I would suggest you read section 3 of your manual completely. It describes the whole door lock system and the remote.

I'll have to check the local pep boys, but i don't think the double sided tape idea is gonna work here with the midwest winters....it might be ok in CA but we have more severe winters here (like that snow stuff)

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
read the manual huh...hum...I guess I'll do that (rolls eyes) lol jp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts