Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just added on a Loaded 06 Trailerblazer SS to my family. What a monster I love it and it handles dam well for a SUV and looks sporty w/ its 20in wheels. The pickup is just sick it takes off with a growl to 0 - 60 in 5.7 sec. Very sharp interior two toned leather and suede black/grey w/ ss on backs of the seats. the touch-screen Nav and XM and 10in DVD player in back are nice features. Has memory seats w/ remote for individual driver, 3 level multi seat heats backs or bottom, rain senor windshield, lots of goodies. The SS gives you alot of power and toys for the price and u still look cool driving the kids around. the only downfall is gas MPH 13.5 as a average in mixed. So now my driveway looks pretty hot w/ my black SS and my black 6s must say they look nice side by side.

SOME PICS
http://www.tuningnews.net/news/050328/pic.php?id=10
http://www.tuningnews.net/news/050328/pic.php?id=03
http://www.tuningnews.net/news/050328/pic.php?id=07
http://www.tuningnews.net/news/050328/pic.php?id=08
http://www.tuningnews.net/news/050328/pic.php?id=09
http://www.tuningnews.net/news/050328/pic.php?id=05

Hightlights
Corvette-based 6.0 Liter LS2 small block V8
Cold Air Induction Package
SS-specific ZQ8 Sport Suspension
20-inch polished-aluminum wheels (1)
Heavy-duty front disc brakes with Corvette-spec front brake pads and ABS
Available full-time all-wheel drive with a TORSEN® center differential

Review

NEW SS MODEL HIGHLIGHTS 06 TRAILBLAZER LINEUP

The new TrailBlazer SS leads Chevys midsize SUV lineup into 2006, delivering sports car performance combined with the functionality expected of a utility vehicle. It is the first SUV to wear Chevrolets storied SS badge. TrailBlazer SS has unique exterior styling and specific interior appointments, including prominent 20-inch flangeless wheels. Power comes from a Corvette-derived LS2 6.0L V-8, which produces 395 horsepower (294 kw) and 400 lb.-ft. of torque (542 Nm) enabling the powerful SUV to reach 60 mph in 5.7 seconds and quarter-mile in less than 14 seconds. A performance suspension with lowered ride height also is part of the package and was tuned by GMs Performance Division at several racetracks, including Germanys legendary Nürburgring a challenging road course that features more than 12.5 miles of turns and drastic elevation changes. The TrailBlazer SS is available in two-wheel drive and all-wheel drive configurations. A revised braking system with a low-drag caliper design also is new for 2006. It is similar to the system introduced on the TrailBlazer SS, including a more responsive brake booster and a larger master cylinder. The system delivers improved brake pedal feel.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I do love those things. If it werent for the gas mileage I would SERIOUSLY be considering one. Yes, you could proably get respectable MPG out of it driving like a grandmaw but then why have a SS right? did you get AWD or RWD?

·
Registered
990 Posts
A black TB SS flew up behind me a week or so ago on the highway....once traffice cleared, I got over & he just took off. The LS2 sounds great.

Nice buy. I'm not really of fan of the regular TB/Envoy, etc....but I really like the SS. I guess almost 400hp changes your view :D

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got the AWD version since im over here in NY. The truck is awesome but it does hurt at the pumps, but I have a pump at work so i can sneek in alot of fills there lol and i can always use my mazda 6s. My mazda is my everyday car. It is one hell of a beast I never thought I would like a Chevy truck but this truck has a well put together package for starting at $34,000. Plus Chevy gave me about 3500 off sticker in discounts which was nice. It has the power and handling of a much more expensive truck and the exhaust sounds so good when you fire it up. The best mileage they say you can get is 15 but i will never see that. plus you can use premium or regular gas. regular you just lose some power which it has more then enough of. I cant wait till i dont have to baby it, keeping it down on speed it is so hard. once im over that 1000 first miles i will be able to have alittle fun.

·
Registered
168 Posts
NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SRT8 Cherokee is sweet i looked at both but it came down to price and i got a much better one on the chevy about 3k cheaper. the SRT8 Cherokee is even faster they say under 5 seconds also it has a 5 speed auto which is nice compared to my 4speed auto. But w/ the jeep you cant tow anything due to where they put the exhaust which is a prob for me. They are both beasts for there $$.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Can the SRT-8 run on regular pump gas? The damn GTO only takes 91 and above, and if its used as a regular driver for me, its $75 a week in gas! ! ! !

Good ol' Mazda6!

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
You know what, I am thinking about getting one of these trailblazer SS Awd with the 3SS package, I suppose fully loaded. So far all of the reviews i've read are that the truck is awesome, has a ton of speed, it can run on regular gas without too much of a loss in HP. It is roomy, I hear that although the interior is typical Chevy and somewhat bland, its a step up from the regular or LT versions of the trailblazer, so that something to be a little happier about, however, the one thing I am wondering about is, how are the fit and finish on the trailblazer models? I dont know much about them, I am just wondering if anyone can shed some light on this. Thanks.

Trailblazer SS ftw...I think?

·
Registered
990 Posts
You know what, I am thinking about getting one of these trailblazer SS Awd with the 3SS package, I suppose fully loaded. So far all of the reviews i've read are that the truck is awesome, has a ton of speed, it can run on regular gas without too much of a loss in HP. It is roomy, I hear that although the interior is typical Chevy and somewhat bland, its a step up from the regular or LT versions of the trailblazer, so that something to be a little happier about, however, the one thing I am wondering about is, how are the fit and finish on the trailblazer models? I dont know much about them, I am just wondering if anyone can shed some light on this. Thanks.
Trailblazer SS ftw...I think?

[/b]
I sat in one last weekend at the autoshow. Honestly, I thought the interior sucked for $33K & fit & finish was typical older GM..nothing like their newer stuff (the new Silverado, Tahoe, Acadia, Aura, etc).

I still wouldn't mind having one....if I needed an SUV.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I dont know how you people can afford the gas. At least you know what your getting into. I hate the people that start complaining that they dont understand why they get horrible gas mileage with their huge v8. Anyways its a very nice ride

·
Registered
66 Posts
My roomate just bought one of these. I have a 06 mazdaspeed 6. How close of a race do you think it will be? I guess it will probably come down to me driving good, since his is an automatic. Has anyone in a speed 6 run any of these yet? I'm just glad I can pull off 23mpg on regular unleaded versus the 13 he will be getting lol. Although he can tow a boat and run over stuff..and i really dont have that option lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
10 Participants
kilkenny
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing