Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently tried to install a rockford fosgate amp with 2 12" subs in my new 6, i have the power cable coming streaight from the battery and the ground wire goes into the trunk onto some bare metal. The amp powers up fine but im not sure where to take the remote start from. I origanally took it from the orange wire on the rear of the stereo but this was apparently the wrong voltage as it burnt a fuse in my amp. I tried the cig lighter with the same result does anyone know where i can connect this wire to?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
you can grab remote amp turn on at the cig lighter adapter. it should be blue w/ black strip. in any case, it's the wire that's centered on the cig lighter socket. be sure to fuse this wire within 6 inches of the tapped wire. it's a low current wire, so a 3 or 5 amp fuse is plenty. if you're blowing fuses your system may be grounding out somewhere.

use your digital multi-meter to test all the wires in the back.

be sure to fuse your battery wire with 12 inches as well.

there are a ton of posts regarding amp installs, poke around using the search feature.

post some pictures of your handy work and someone may be able to troubleshoot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx mk706, did this yesterday and works great, i plan on writing a how-to for all you 06ers its actually fairly easy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts