1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD: 06-08 V6 Nautilus Headers and Y-Pipe

UPDATED 7/6/10 : SOLD!!!

Hey guys,

This took forever for me to post, but here they are. These are the '06-'08 Nautilus Performance headers and y-pipe for the Mazda6 V6. I bought these new for my car when I thought my cats were failing. They were only on the car for less than 750miles (less than 1 month). They were on the car for so little time because the failed cats already did its damage to the car, destroying the engine. Ever since I got the engine replaced, they never got put back on (I also ended up getting rid of the car).

What you are getting is almost everything I got when I bought them. The headers and y-pipe are made of Stainless Steel 304L. The headers have not been modified in any way. The only change made was to the y-pipe since it did not reach the front header bulb when I was trying to install it. I had to take it to an performance exhaust shop where they had to extend the front header connector of the y-pipe by about 1/2 inch. They cut the front connector off the y-pipe and used a stainless steel pipe to extend the connection and welded it together. This was all done on the car to ensure a good fit. The rest of the y-pipe was untouched.

You'll also get the wire extenders to relocate your rear O2 sensors, the header gaskets they sent me (not used), and the Felpro gaskets I bought and used instead. I'm also throwing in the O2 sensors from my car. Not pictured (forgot to lay them out), but included, are the bolts needed to connect the headers to the y-pipe.

What you are not getting and will need to get are two O2 bungs to have welded on past the rear cat (the ones I received are still on the rear cat) and a gasket to install between the y-pipe and the rear cat (isn't worth reusing, so I didn't post it).

My asking price is $475 OBO. This includes shipping and Paypal fees within the continental US.

If you are also interested, I have the rear cat and flex pipe from my '07 6s which already has the bungs welded on. The cat is bad, completely clogged, so you will need to find a way to unclog it or remove the honeycomb mesh inside it. If interested, then it is yours. All I ask is for you to pay the shipping and PayPal fees for it. It's got some weight behind it, so shipping and fees will be an additional $25 to my total asking price for a total of $500.

Below are the photos.

A photo of what I am selling as a set:

Close up of the headers:

Here is a photo with the set and the rear cat:

Thanks!

Paul

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mazda changed out the design of their exhaust system in '06. The old design had the front header wrapping around the oil pan, very inefficient. The newer design had a straight through layout, with the exhaust pipe going from the front header going straight back right under the oil pan.

You would have to change out your oil pan, a crossmember behind the engine, and would probably need to make a little notch in your steering rack to prevent rubbing of the rear header.

Paul

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump!

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Still have these? I've been wanting to open up the exhaust no this girl for forever and the headers/y-pipe are step one.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, I still have them. They are wrapped up and sitting in a box, waiting to be purchased.

Paul

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bump!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lowered my asking price on the headers. They need to go.

Paul

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bump.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bump. They are packed and ready to be sent off to anyone that wants to buy them. :)

Paul

·
Registered
107 Posts
I actaully look into the parts I need and it will cost double inseatd of me just buying the right year model header,I am piss at mazda that they change the desgin.
Khris

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bump.

Lowered asking price on headers to $525 OBO. This includes shipping and Paypal fees. $550 if you want the bad cat.

Paul

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey man i was wondering if u still have the headers for sale..if so i have a 05 m6 with the 3.0,however i have a 06 motor in it..early 06 we used my oil pan and manifolds off the 05..will they fit..if so and you still have them im interested..if not can u tell me what i should be looking for to fit my car the 06s or 05s..thanks in advance

jason

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You'll need a newer oil pan, probably a new lower cross member that goes behind the engine, and may need to notch out your power steering rack.

Or the other option is the headers will probably fit with no issue (cannot guarantee), but you will have to go with a fully custom y-pipe from an exhaust shop.

Leesburg, I could make that work without shipping. I'll be going up to Hagerstown twice next month, so it wouldn't be much of an issue.

Paul

·
Registered
139 Posts
PM'ed

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bump! Headers are still for sale.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No, they won't. These fit the V6 only. And if you are referring to the 4 cylinder model, that is an inline 4, not a v4.

Paul

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bump! Lowered price.

Paul

1 - 20 of 23 Posts