Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
QUOTE (bobbinka @ Feb 13 2009, 01:42 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1519246
Yea, the mazdaspeed coilovers are way overpriced, and you can't adjust stiffness either. For half the price, you could get Tein Basics, which do the exact same thing. Or you could spend the same amount on super streets (which is what i want, haha).

great pix! need to replace those little 194 bastards with some white ones, though![/b]
haha thanks, i thought about that but i actually like the stock 194s in there. i think the white/orange looks quite nice.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
to each their own. as long as you like it, man.

you should get a JDM lip and see if you can play with it like you made the JDM grill fit. you'd be praised as a god on here, haha.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
QUOTE (bobbinka @ Feb 13 2009, 02:02 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1519248
to each their own. as long as you like it, man.

you should get a JDM lip and see if you can play with it like you made the JDM grill fit. you'd be praised as a god on here, haha.[/b]
im not sure if i can get the jdm lip to fit. our usdm bumpers have that stupid indentation in the middle. but if i can get a good price on one of those, ill definitely try it out.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
well, the biggest problem is that the USDM bumper is extended. but people have made it work on other cars before by taking the JDM lip, splicing it in half, and then joining it with fiberglass to make it fit.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
QUOTE (bobbinka @ Feb 14 2009, 05:10 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1519992
well, the biggest problem is that the USDM bumper is extended. but people have made it work on other cars before by taking the JDM lip, splicing it in half, and then joining it with fiberglass to make it fit.[/b]
yes. i know, that is the common problem. im saying for the 06-07 jdm oem lip, it wont work because of our indented bumper . the atenza bumpers go straight across. the lip was made for bumpers that are flat across the bottom. if you put it on the usdm bumper, youre going to get a big corksport gap in there. :laugh:

ill definitely look into it though.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
So how can I get one of these grille's lol.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
QUOTE (TEXAS2LO @ Mar 21 2009, 06:33 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1536885
So does this mean fitting an OEM JDM badgeless grill would be easier since it doesnt come with the bottom part ?[/b]
there is no oem jdm badgeless grille. there are a couple aftermarket badgeless ones though.
can you be more specific? pics would help.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
QUOTE (TEXAS2LO @ Mar 21 2009, 08:06 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1536904
Lol I got all excited when I saw your thread hahaha, I was talking about the JDM 2 bars badgeless :)[/b]

are you talking about this jdm 1-bar grille?

if so, i dont believe it will fit without modification. that grille is basically the oem jdm sports grille without a badge. you can see in the pic that there is a bottom part to it too.

·
Registered
189 Posts
QUOTE (H15A5H1 @ Mar 22 2009, 06:46 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1536957

are you talking about this jdm 1-bar grille?

if so, i dont believe it will fit without modification. that grille is basically the oem jdm sports grille without a badge. you can see in the pic that there is a bottom part to it too.[/b]
your experiment opens up a lot of opportunities ! :drive:
the 06 badgeless should fit the same way as the JDM sports grill ... hope some 06 owner can pull this one off ! :love:

·
Registered
517 Posts
<3 that badgeless on that white 6 ^ if someone is selling then i call dibs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,do you have Mazda 6 front grill.(07 Reg) Special edition tamura.thanks
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

21 - 37 of 37 Posts