Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
First before anyone says anything I know I do not think these will fit either and I know they are from HK Plus but I just want to know if anyone has ordered these and tried them. I sent a message to someone who bought these and they said they fit (they were in Canada)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...0634&rd=1,1[/b]
repost.

same question being ask here.

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...=68280&st=0

short answer: seems to be 'no'. buy at your own risk.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Justin, if no one else has them and posts up a response, I'll have mines in hand in a couple of weeks. I broke down, and ordered the exact same light/housing that you posted up.
So, if anything, we'll know in a couple of weeks.

---Aloha

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Justin, if no one else has them and posts up a response, I'll have mines in hand in a couple of weeks. I broke down, and ordered the exact same light/housing that you posted up.
So, if anything, we'll know in a couple of weeks.

---Aloha[/b]
Cool let us know. I have been wanting to do this for sometime now and see if they fit because actually 2 people in Canada told me they fit the sport bumper and as far as I know US spec and Canada are the same?!

·
Registered
526 Posts
bigbaddad, how many fog lights have you gone through :laugh: Im going to start keeping count, this must be your fifth pair or something like that.

Be sure to post some pics if you do use them.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sorry sir, not a repost. If you look these are different lights same seller[/b]

I started that other thread and, yes, they are the same lights,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...p;rd=1&rd=1

So yes this is a duplicate thread. These lights are for the euro. / jap. sport bumpers. Haven't had a chance to try to get them to mount (waiting for weather to warm up). See the original thread for the differences in bumpers and more info

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=68280

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
bigbaddad, how many fog lights have you gone through :laugh: Im going to start keeping count, this must be your fifth pair or something like that.

Be sure to post some pics if you do use them.[/b]
Damn, you know what..........you're right.
The ones I got comming in from HKplus will be the 5th set of lights, but only the second light housing.
Am I getting obsessed with having lights in my sport bumper?

"Hello, my name is Bigbaddad, and I'm a Sport Bumper Fog Light-aholic....." :laugh:

---Aloha

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The ones I got comming in from HKplus will be the 5th set of lights, but only the second light housing.

"Hello, my name is Bigbaddad, and I'm a Sport Bumper Fog Light-aholic....." :laugh:

---Aloha[/b]
"Hi, my name is Justin and I to am a light-aholic. LEDS, HIDs, cathodes I can never get enough". :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
526 Posts

---Aloha[/b]

Me too man and not being able to find good fog lights for the sports bumper is pissing me off :irate: hopefully those are good and ill end up getting them.

Take a closer look at those fogs though. Im wondering being that the reflector is pretty far into the housing, wouldnt that jeopardize light output or even the beam distribution. It might just be me or the picture might be mis leading. :sarc:

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Me too man and not being able to find good fog lights for the sports bumper is pissing me off :irate: hopefully those are good and ill end up getting them.

Take a closer look at those fogs though. Im wondering being that the reflector is pretty far into the housing, wouldnt that jeopardize light output or even the beam distribution. It might just be me or the picture might be mis leading. :sarc:[/b]
Yeah thats why bigbaddad is our guy!

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Okay, as I said earlier, I ordered the fog lights from HKPlus that says "fits sport bumper" I got them yesterday, and I tried test fitting them today,
Justin already knows what I got, cause he already PM'd me asking...........

All I got to say is DO NOT BUY THE SPORT BUMPER FOG LIGHTS THAT HKPlus SELLS!!! Here's three very good reasons ( and trust me there are more)

1. The fog lights that come with the kit don't fit the housing. You'll need to cut the opening for the lens on the housing open some more so that the
housing can accomidate the huge 3 1/2" lens of the fog lights

2. Once you get the lens to fit the housing, you'll need to fabricate mounting brackets so that you can mount the lights to your modified housing, cause
the kit doesn't come with any kind of mounting hardware, or brackets of any kind.

3. This one's the best reason not to get these lights. The sport bumper housings that they give you is not for NA spec Mazda6's! You could probably get
them mounted in by grinding the wide part down some. But you'll need to cut a good chunk off your bumper to accomidate the huge fog lights that
come with the kit. You'll also need to fabricate mounting tabs, cause our existing tabs on the bumper doesn't match the tabs on the supplied housing.

All in all, I'm very disapointed! What the hell am I gonna do with all these lights, and now another housing, that doesn't fit anything in America? :irate:

---Aloha(?) :angry2:

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Man oh Man, sorry to hear about that but you might want to try selling the lamps on hidplanet, someone there might buy

·
Registered
526 Posts
dam, sorry to hear that man. Just an idea your best bet is using heronews fog light housings and finding a fog light that will fit his diameter opening.

Dude im crazy, i think im going to get those lights heronew sells and some how find a way to make the hella optilux fog lights fit. Because so far thats all ive been able to find.

Good luck man sorry about the mishap.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Nah, maybe I'll just keep them all as a reminder of what an idiot I am in wanting sport bumper fog lights so bad!
Anywayz, here' some pics I just snaped off for you Justin!

Back of fog light. Adjustable up and down only
[attachment=19563:p1010011.JPG]

These two pics shows how the lights doesnt fit into the housing. And notice, even if they did fit, no where to mount them to the housing.
[attachment=19564:p1010013.JPG][attachment=19565:p1010014.JPG]

A look at the inside of the housing. No where to mount the lights!
[attachment=19566:p1010015.JPG]

Size comparo' to Heronews and HK Plus
[attachment=19567:p1010016.JPG][attachment=19568:p1010017.JPG]

And how they fit on the sport bumper (or rather how they don't fit on the sport bumper) note that in every pic, I'm holding them in place, cause they won't stay in place without heavy modification!
[attachment=19569:p1010018.JPG][attachment=19570:p1010019.JPG][attachment=19571:p1010020.JPG]

---Aloha <_<

dam, sorry to hear that man. Just an idea your best bet is using heronews fog light housings and finding a fog light that will fit his diameter opening.

Dude im crazy, i think im going to get those lights heronew sells and some how find a way to make the hella optilux fog lights fit. Because so far thats all ive been able to find.

Good luck man sorry about the mishap.[/b]
Dude, I have a set of Hella Optilux chrome housing lights! They don't fit in Hero's housing. The housing on the Optilux light is oval, Hero's openings are round.
If you do get them in, they will be sticking out kinda far of the housing. And I personally didn't like the way it looked.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nah, maybe I'll just keep them all as a reminder of what an idiot I am in wanting sport bumper fog lights so bad!
Anywayz, here' some pics I just snaped off for you Justin![/b]
:D Hey you are MUCH faster than I am with the pics. I would have been a day or two trying to take them all and post them up. Well I dont know what is funnier the fact that the lights dont even fit the housing them came with or that they dont have a mount for the lights. LOL, HK Plus, what a joke! Thanks for the pics, try the planet they maybe able to help unload some of the stuff you have

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Thanks Justin! Just sitting here in front of my monitor, still shaking my head!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

---Derek

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
About this Discussion
37 Replies
14 Participants
Lapis6S
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing