Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
in a straight line, it will be very close. AWD does make a big difference. If roush still did a supercharged version, you would be toast

·
Registered
561 Posts
yea i think the motor is stock and they want like 45k for body and suspension work. and what they dont show you in the pictures is those vents over the rear windows are screwed in and look shitty as hell.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Maybe against a stock MPS, but p5freak beats the hell out of one in his town at the track all the time. And that was back when he just had the mbc and the cut-out.

·
Registered
386 Posts
In the clips I saw he was on a 1/8 mile track and the mustang was neck and neck with him. 1/8 mile is so short.

·
Registered
188 Posts
but that was a supercharged one not a rouch or whatever the hell it is

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Guys, come on now. The MS6 is fast, but the REAL Roush will dust any MS6

Link here to stats:

http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/mustang_gt_roush.asp

415hp, 385Lb/ft, no comp...even for P5freek

I saw one here in Austin the other day, didn't even waste my time - diffent class...sorry to burst the bubble, but the truth is the truth
[/b]
The average Roush that you see on the road is nothing more than aero parts and suspension work, and the MS6 will beat it every time.

The supercharged stage 3 is definatly faster than a MS6, but for $50,000 it sure as hell better be.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
he's obviously not talking about a tuned or s/c'ed mustang...so, to answer your question - give a nice 4.5k clutch slip awd launch and have some fun!

edit: beat me to it, what he said ^^^^^^

·
Registered
396 Posts
The average Roush that you see on the road is nothing more than aero parts and suspension work, and the MS6 will beat it every time.

The supercharged stage 3 is definatly faster than a MS6, but for $50,000 it sure as hell better be.
[/b]
You are smoking crack if you believe that 05+ GT or Roush non supercharged is going to get beat by an MS6 everytime. The 05+ Mustangs are solid 13.4-13.5 1/4 cars in stock form. There aren't too many MS6s in stock form running better than 13.8-13.9.

·
Registered
744 Posts
awdfun, hate to burst yourr bubble, but if you read the post correctly. It does state 2005 roush mustang not 2006. 2005 there was no supercharged version. the stats you posted are of the 2006 super charged mustang.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts

[/b]
I think you just reinforce my point. Would anyone go to Roush for suspension or body work only? Is that what they are known for? Not! They are motor specific. The others came later. Now that's not to say some cheap-ass SOB's won't do a stage one/two upgrades, but does that make it a REAL Roush?

There are people here that have posted extreme pics of body mods for the MS6 (like the one earlier this week adding a EVO wing), but does that make our car faster? NOPE!

My point stands, a REAL Roush is in the same class as a C5 ZO6 - 'nuff said

awdfun, hate to burst yourr bubble, but if you read the post correctly. It does state 2005 roush mustang not 2006. 2005 there was no supercharged version. the stats you posted are of the 2006 super charged mustang.
[/b]
Well Sheeyat, my bad. I just assumed the latest version (which I DID see the other day)

<tips hat>

You are smoking crack if you believe that 05+ GT or Roush non supercharged is going to get beat by an MS6 everytime. The 05+ Mustangs are solid 13.4-13.5 1/4 cars in stock form. There aren't too many MS6s in stock form running better than 13.8-13.9.
[/b]
+1

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
[/b]
YOu must have better drivers in your area. At the local strip I see 05-06 mustangs running mid 14's all day long.

I think you just reinforce my point. Would anyone go to Roush for suspension or body work only? Is that what they are known for? Not! They are motor specific. The others came later. Now that's not to say some cheap-ass SOB's won't do a stage one/two upgrades, but does that make it a REAL Roush?

There are people here that have posted extreme pics of body mods for the MS6 (like the one earlier this week adding a EVO wing), but does that make our car faster? NOPE!

My point stands, a REAL Roush is in the same class as a C5 ZO6 - 'nuff said
[/b]

If you check out the link, you'll see that all the mods are visualk or suspension. Where is the motor work?

I've probably worked on at least 10 "Roush" mustangs in the 8 years I've been installing car audio, and I have NEVER seen a "Roush" that was anything other than the bumpers and springs/shocks.

I'm sure the supercharged stage 3 is very fast, but I seroiusly doubt that they sell even 5% as many stage 3's, as stage 1 and 2. Roush can do some great things with the mustang, but to the average dealer it's nothing more than another name used to sell overpriced acessories.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
YOu must have better drivers in your area. At the local strip I see 05-06 mustangs running mid 14's all day long.
If you check out the link, you'll see that all the mods are visualk or suspension. Where is the motor work?

I've probably worked on at least 10 "Roush" mustangs in the 8 years I've been installing car audio, and I have NEVER seen a "Roush" that was anything other than the bumpers and springs/shocks.

I'm sure the supercharged stage 3 is very fast, but I seroiusly doubt that they sell even 5% as many stage 3's, as stage 1 and 2. Roush can do some great things with the mustang, but to the average dealer it's nothing more than another name used to sell overpriced acessories.
[/b]
Fair enough, obviously I don't know the stats on how many do stage 1-2 vs. 3. And I'm not trying to be a dick. I just think that to call a bodywork and suspension a "Roush" belittles the namesake of a Roush. Would you agree with that at least? That was my main point, nothing else.

cheers

·
Registered
396 Posts
[/b]
You must have crappy drivers where you live. My 01 GT when it was stock ran 13.9 with 260 HP from the factory.

05 GTs are at least 1/2 second faster than my 01 GT in stock form.

·
Registered
267 Posts
You must have crappy drivers where you live. My 01 GT when it was stock ran 13.9 with 260 HP from the factory.

05 GTs are at least 1/2 second faster than my 01 GT in stock form.
[/b]
I remember this was a big thing when my friends were into stangs. You are very lucky to get a 01 gt that will do 13's. I remember that it was a big deal if you ran a 13 second pass in a stock gt. You must be a good driver because around here we have usually seen 14.2's and 3's in the 1/4

·
Registered
396 Posts
I remember this was a big thing when my friends were into stangs. You are very lucky to get a 01 gt that will do 13's. I remember that it was a big deal if you ran a 13 second pass in a stock gt. You must be a good driver because around here we have usually seen 14.2's and 3's in the 1/4
[/b]
My stang came stock with 265 HP. The 05+ GT has 300 HP and weighs about the same as my 01 GT. 13.9 was my best run with a lot of 14.1-14.2s. An 05+ GT is a solid mid-13 second car with a good driver and high 13 low 14 second car with a not so good driver. With equal drivers a 05+ GT will beat an MS6.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Fair enough, obviously I don't know the stats on how many do stage 1-2 vs. 3. And I'm not trying to be a dick. I just think that to call a bodywork and suspension a "Roush" belittles the namesake of a Roush. Would you agree with that at least? That was my main point, nothing else.

cheers
[/b]

I totally agree. :cheers:

1 - 20 of 136 Posts