Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently (5 months ago) had a 2005 Mazda6i passed down to me from my brother with 26000 miles on it. It now has close to 33k and I'm noticing more and more now that the weather is colder that it has some rough acceleration when I leave in the monring. It almost feels like the transmission is hanging up mid-shift from 1-2, then going to 2 with a slight jerk. After a few minutes, it takes off from lights smoothly with no problem. Should I be worried?

Also, I had a blowout on the front drivers side tire after a dump truck in front of me hit a pot hole and dropped some sharp rock from the bed. Since replacing the two front tires, I notice a strange sound when I turn the vehicle sharply, like pulling into a parking spot. It's best described as a rubbing sound. I've checked the tires and they are exact matches to the michelins that were on it before. I've also checked for anything that may have been pushed back during the incident. Any ideas what might be causing this?

·
Registered
128 Posts
The shift shock you are experiencing is normal for the 6i automatic. If you let the car warm up sufficiently, it doesn't really do it. Theres a computer update that the dealer can do for you that is supposed to help, but reviews of that have been mixed. You don't have to worry too much though, its not abnormal.

As for the tires, the front tires don't rub because theres a lot of space up front. There have been reports of a sounds when turning with the steering wheel all the way to one side or the other and putting a lot of pressure on it. That might be whats happening to you.

Either way, you still have your warranty so if you have any issues, you can always just take it in to a dealership for repair.

X

·
0 Posts
The shift shock you are experiencing is normal for the 6i automatic. If you let the car warm up sufficiently, it doesn't really do it. Theres a computer update that the dealer can do for you that is supposed to help, but reviews of that have been mixed. You don't have to worry too much though, its not abnormal.

As for the tires, the front tires don't rub because theres a lot of space up front. There have been reports of a sounds when turning with the steering wheel all the way to one side or the other and putting a lot of pressure on it. That might be whats happening to you.

Either way, you still have your warranty so if you have any issues, you can always just take it in to a dealership for repair.
[/b]
do u have an idea what the update is called???

Thanks
:drive:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts