Mazda 6 Forums banner

05 m6i temperature display change

3K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  CrazyEye 
#1 ·
Hey all,
Sooo I want to change my temp display from Celsius to Fahrenheit.
Ive tried holding the off/on button and the tape/md and nothing happens.
Tried the same on/off button and the Auto and nothing changes.
Also tried holding the Ambient button and no change.
Any ideas will be much appreciated!
thanks

#3 ·
Usually, you just hold the AMB for at least 2 second to change from F to C, vise versa

(╭☞ ಠ ͜つ ಠ )╭☞ r=1+sinθ
Now the question is... do I hold it with the engine running or the key in the ON position ? I’m gonna try it both ways but mine didn’t want to change. Even though I’m a Celsius country I just don’t understand it like F ....
F is way easier for me....

#5 ·
Just performed it on my '03. Can confirm that it'll work on either position. ACC (engine off) and also Engine running.

What I did;

Press AMB once, release
Press AMB, HOLD. About 2-count...
- unit changes to Celsius.
Release.

same procedure changed it back to Fahrenheit.

(╭☞ ಠ ͜つ ಠ )╭☞ r=1+sinθ

#6 ·
Just performed it on my '03. Can confirm that it'll work on either position. ACC (engine off) and also Engine running.

What I did;

Press AMB once, release
Press AMB, HOLD. About 2-count...
- unit changes to Celsius.
Release.

same procedure changed it back to Fahrenheit.

(╭☞ ಠ ͜つ ಠ )╭☞ r=1+sinθ
My 2004 did not work in the [ACC] position, only [ON], (engine running and engine off, radio on and radio off)

#8 · (Edited)
For comparison on what the owners manual says; there's a slight variation. Both requires at least the IGN switch to be in position "ON"

2002-2003 Owners Manual

2005 edition

For some reason I am able to perform AMB unit change in ACC as well. Maybe b/c I have an early build 1st Gen and they made changes down the road.

(╭☞ ಠ ͜つ ಠ )╭☞ r=1+sinθ

#9 ·
Neither of these solutions worked on my car. Perhaps the display itself has a different part number? I’m guessing so.
My car has the parts for the EU specs and I’m assuming that’s the main difference between EU cars and US/Canadian.
In the EU most countries use Celsius with the exception of UK that has its own homologation separately thus making the display just show C makes sense for Mazda meanwhile in North America a user can switch to one or the other (using same part) bc that saves Mazda a few bucks. They can build the exact same car (federal emissions) and ship it to Canada and just change the cluster for km/h (which is the one I have) but the temps can be easily switched from c to f and viceversa. Idk, I’m guessing.

#10 · (Edited)
Neither of these solutions worked on my car. Perhaps the display itself has a different part number? I’m guessing so.
My car has the parts for the EU specs and I’m assuming that’s the main difference between EU cars and US/Canadian.
In the EU most countries use Celsius with the exception of UK that has its own homologation separately thus making the display just show C makes sense for Mazda meanwhile in North America a user can switch to one or the other (using same part) bc that saves Mazda a few bucks. They can build the exact same car (federal emissions) and ship it to Canada and just change the cluster for km/h (which is the one I have) but the temps can be easily switched from c to f and viceversa. Idk, I’m guessing.
This is likely. I bet it is all on the board you just have to enable it.
For example, is the US we do not have information about gas mileage or fuel consumption available on the display.
I moved the resistor from R801 to R802 and accessed the function on my display.
Circuit component Passive circuit component Hardware programmer Electronic component Electronic engineering
Passive circuit component Circuit component Hardware programmer Electronic engineering Electronic component
Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Light Automotive tire

You may have to get your solder on.

#16 ·
The eBay one is just white. But it had only 1 km on the odometer. I took the fascia and the plastic housing and placed my original one in there.
I do want that speedo tho. Specially because in some Sport models they have a gray ring around that’s way better looking than the chrome one, although I painted mine matte-gray

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.