Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 Mazda6 Wagon 55,000 KM or so Canada/Ottawa so it's been bloody cold lately ...

So I drive my wagon to work and back in heavy traffic it's barely out of 3k rev's mark daily ... Anyway I start losing power it feels funny ... high revving no gear engagement. I popped the clutch a few times thinking maybe it was stuck or something then hit the gas peddle boom... zero power and I luckily managed to roll into a gas station with a dead pedal. car turns over and idles zero gear engagement. No engine check, no prior warnings well about 5 minutes worth of driving low power... Now dealer is saying shitty driving is the cause before they've even looked at it. Surely I would have had slip problems prior to this. The only issue I reported previously was low rev'ing and shudder about 2 years ago but that was fixed.

Dealer/Mazda wont let me take to a none Mazda garage for an independant look and said they could only check by dismantling the assembly and if they deemed it was normal wear n tear I had to pay. I'm pretty sure they ain't gonna come back and say yep it's under warranty we'll fix it btw I have a 48k 100k warranty on it.

No mods, nothing heavy but blown clutch it's bloody annoying...grrrr!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Same old story... The stock clutches are crap...

If you have to pay take it to someone you trust, and put in a aftermarket clutch.

·
Registered
69 Posts
QUOTE (fullmetal6 @ Jan 27 2009, 11:18 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1510640
Same old story... The stock clutches are crap...

If you have to pay take it to someone you trust, and put in a aftermarket clutch.[/b]
Welcome to Mazda Clutches. Whatever you do, don't put a stock one back in. Aftermarket clutches are cheaper and last a lot longer.

Throw a lightened flywheel in while you're having it done.

Also, go to an independent shop -- I got quotes as low as $300USD for labor to install clutch and flywheel.

And they WILL deem it normal wear and tear. You can fight and go around and around with them, but good luck.

I don't know about Canadian laws, but in the US they cannot void your entire warranty for having work done at a non-dealership shop.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I had to fight with Mazda Canada for about 2-3 months, but I finally got them to pay 1/3, the dealer to pay 1/3, and I pay the remaining 1/3, so I ended up paying $300CDN to have the clutch replaced. If it fails again, then I'll go aftermarket as the warranty is totally up. I argued saying that if it slipped in first when engaging, then I'll admit that it might be my driving style, but even the service manager said the car still engages very well and I used that in my argument. I told them it's BS if you say it's wear and tear when it slips while fully engaged in 3rd-5th gear. I told them there is no way they can convince me that this is normal wear and tear. Took a while, but I managed to at least not have to pay the full price for a replacement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
sno0py
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing