Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone experiencing any leaks at the top of the rear hatch? I have checked the weather stripping, and there seems to be nothing wrong. Please advise.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hey Carl - Sorry to hear about the leak. Check out this thread on the same subject if you haven't already:

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...032&hl=leak

I haven't had a leak yet, but I'm always on the lookout. If the thread doesn't help you with what you need, You might wanna get a leak detection kit if there is one made. That may ultimately get you the cure.

Good luck with this and let us know how it goes.

alex

·
Registered
18 Posts
When I had my unibody straightened from an accident I had a leak. Turned out they never sealed the seam where the tailight was and it leaked there.

To check your gasket seal, spray some foam cleaner or something that foams up on the gasket/rubber seal. Then close the hatch lid softly. Once resting on the latch, give it a good solid press down to simulate the slam and latch of the hatch. Pop it open and check the hatch for the foam. It should touch every part, if it does then the gasket to hatch is good and the leak is somewhere else.

The next step is to strip the trunk clean. Get a garden hose and have someone watch where the spare wheel sits. Then run the hose for a few minutes in different locations lookign for water to pool. You have to really let it sit ins pots for a few minutes before it works its way into the leak if there is one.

If you don't find anything there, hten your hatch is likely good.QUOTE (Argento @ Sep 29 2006, 02:29 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=804043
Hey Carl - Sorry to hear about the leak. Check out this thread on the same subject if you haven't already:

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...032&hl=leak

I haven't had a leak yet, but I'm always on the lookout. If the thread doesn't help you with what you need, You might wanna get a leak detection kit if there is one made. That may ultimately get you the cure.

Good luck with this and let us know how it goes.

alex[/b]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts